Pioneer N-30

has anyone heard or used this digital player? I am thinking about getting one to replace my touch. The only reason for the change, is the Pioneer would look better with the rest of my Pioneer gear. The Touch is going strong and plays great, I checked ebay for other Touches and those suckers are still selling around 300 plus and some are even priced at 800. So much for a discontinued item dropping in price....WHEW!
Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 80FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite N-50 Panamax M5300-EX
Living room 2ch:
Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers Panamax M5100-EX
Upstairs media room:
Sony STR DG510 Sony PS4 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts Polk CSR Center Pioneer 8" sub Panamax M5300-EX
Master bedroom:
Pioneer Elite VSX 33 Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Touch Polk audio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s Jensen CCS center Acoustic Audio sub Panamax 5100

Comments

• DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,494
    I had one and sent it back. Wouldn’t stay connected to the network and flacky as hell. I’m using a Marantz na6005 and an na8005. Much better in my opinion.
  • Thanks for the info
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 32 Pioneer Elite BDP 80FD Pioneer Elite DV 47Ai Pioneer Elite N-50 Panamax M5300-EX
    Living room 2ch:
    Integra ADM 2.1 Teac EQ MKII Squeezebox Touch Fluance SX Speakers Panamax M5100-EX
    Upstairs media room:
    Sony STR DG510 Sony PS4 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio Monitor 40 II fronts Polk CSR Center Pioneer 8" sub Panamax M5300-EX
    Master bedroom:
    Pioneer Elite VSX 33 Pioneer BDP 330 Squeezebox Touch Polk audio Monitor 40 II fronts, Rears Optimus LX5s Jensen CCS center Acoustic Audio sub Panamax 5100
  • deronb1deronb1 Posts: 3,958
    I couldnt get the N30 to read my hard druve. No problem with Marantz and Cambridge.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    That unit didn't have a long shelf life. Given the reviews thus far, maybe there is a reason.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,936
    edited November 26
    I just ordered one of these due someone sniped my Squeezebox bid on Ebay...it comes with an 'audiophile grade' DAC.
    https://theauris.com/products/auris-blume-true-hi-fi-bluetooth-music-receiver#CraftedForStunningAudio
  • Squeezebox has spoiled me over the years, with easy to read screens (Transporter & SB3) I now have a house full of Touches, so I need to have that screen to view album art and titles. The Pioneer has a smaller screen 2.5 but all the info is there. I don't think the product is better than the squeezebox overall in the performance spectrum, but it looks better with the rest of my Pioneer gear. One last note, by replacing one Touch will give me a backup for the rest of the house.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,752
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I just ordered one of these due someone sniped my Squeezebox bid on Ebay...it comes with an 'audiophile grade' DAC.
    https://theauris.com/products/auris-blume-true-hi-fi-bluetooth-music-receiver#CraftedForStunningAudio

Does it only have only Bluetooth? No other provision for streaming from the computer?
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
    It apears just Bluetooth...Im going to use it via WiFi to send intranet radio through an optical cable to the DAC of my Marantz 8004 CD player. At least that is the plan.
    edited December 1
    The Auris bluMe showed up today and so far I like it. The device simply accepts audio via Bluetooth from a phone or tablet. Right now I am using the internal DAC in the bluMe and it sounds pretty darn good for what it is. I need to hook it up via optical to the Marantz but the little door for the optical input broke off the springs and pushed back into the input...this little door needs to be removed somehow....I could used a bit advice on that one. Here are some pics....so far Im impressed for the $130 I spent on this unit
    8dchbu3kkczt.jpeg
    m6kjm8xbx5vu.jpeg
    iivx5bgecd7e.jpeg

• recoveryonerecoveryone Posts: 485
    Well, I pulled the trigger on the Pioneer Elite N50 for a create price. Just couldn't pass it up

gnxt8gthklqh.jpg

9ddiuhx8ua5w.jpg

The N50 has the digital input & outputs
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,451
    ^^^^^
    I just went and looked what a Pioneer Elite N50 does.

WOW......I'm behind the times by a mile.

What a great movie,music interface, decoder and relayer...( ??? I'm not digital yet so you have to excuse my elementary knowledge of that devices capabilities ).

It deciphers signals at 7 times the quality of CD's...! :o I don't think my ears could tell the difference, because I'm over the hump. But the things that machine does is all new news to me. It sounds like a complete digital do it all.

Congrats !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
    Will you be hooking an external hard drive to the unit?
    It will be networked with my squeezebox system in the familyroom.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
    It will be networked with my squeezebox system in the familyroom.

Ah, so you will be using it more as a DAC than streamer. Should sound nice. Congrats!
    With the inputs if gives me that option, but it will be used as a streamer mainly
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
    The N-50 came in today and it hooked up flawlessly. It saw my Squeezebox server and played a tune right away. I am working on a youtube vid, so I will be posting some pics tomorrow.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
    Here's a quick video of it in action

I am still learning to navigate this device, but it found a boat load of internet Jazz stations within a minute. I need to figure out how to do playlist as I like to be able to do other things while I listen to music. The 32bit upsampling makes all tracks I listen to sound equal but that could be the new car/toy smell playing mind games on me. The app is worthless, to slow and clunky, which being able to create playlist on my cloud drive is vital, it does not read the playlist on my squeezebox LMS. I may need to look into a 3rd party software program that will bridge that gap that runs on my cloud drive or the server were my LMS runs on. For the price I picked this up $300, I could not be happier.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom:
    After doing some research and hints from the Squeezebox community I have work out the issues of the LMS and the N50 communicating. Its nice to have that option to load up 500 tracks of any genre and sit back and enjoy. WHEW!
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:
    Living room 2ch:
    Upstairs media room:
    Master bedroom: