Marantz PM-10

Options
Derf
Derf Posts: 229
edited November 2017 in 2 Channel Audio
Picked this up a few weeks ago. Drives the Ushers really well. I’m now satisfied with the bass I have at both low and high volume, so I will pause the search for a subwoofer (temporarily).m8gh80d0sluc.jpeg
Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
Speakers: Usher MD2
Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
DAC: North Star Design Supremo
Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    Me like!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Derf
    Derf Posts: 229
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised after I first hooked up this new amp and started playing some familiar tunes. The soundstage widened and detail in the music increased. Right out of the gate I knew it was a good find.

I am finding that the source material REALLY matters. For instance the increase in detail and just the overall presentation of the songs is phenomenal in the Masters recordings on Tidal, but then with the regular recordings it depends—some sound much better and others I don’t notice much change at all. So that tells me the quality of recordings matters.

I will put the SACD player I just received from @gmcman (pristine condition—thanks again, Doug) into the chain this weekend and continue to compare the playback of various recordings. Right now I have a $60 Sony BD/CD player hooked up to the amp and I’m enjoying the sound—can’t wait to experience this new Marantz piece.

More to come.

hty7jtz5p7l1.jpeg
    Integrated Amp: Marantz PM-10
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    Subwoofer: Rythmik F15HP
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    SACD Player: Marantz SA8004
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    Seriously nice piece of hardware...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nice very nice gotta love Marantz gear enjoy! Oh yeah looking forward to your impressions!
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Very nice! I bet they will mate very well. Touching on what you said about how the source material matters, that even came down to the power cord I used on the 8004.

I made a brief swap not too long ago and forgot I put the stock cord in the 8004. Came back a few weeks later and it sounded closed off and couldn't put my finger on it, soon realized I swapped cords and the spatial separation returned once I returned the Signal Cable.

Looking forward to your findings with that sweet PM10.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,559
    Options
    That is one nice piece of gear....wowza