Looking at doing a second tube amp build...

I am thinking of doing another tube amp build after the holidays, and going BIG once again. They will be based off of my previous build but have 4 pairs of KT120’s (8 power tubes) instead of 6. There will be no granite harmed in the construction of the new set, but I will be looking to embellish them with a level of quality to go along with the performance.

This set is still in the very early stages of planning, but it should be a fun project.
The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,290
    Is Bob Carver going to be involved with the new set ?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,481
    I don’t think so, at least to the level he was the first time. I will be asking questions for sure. I will be working from basically the same basic schematic, but adding the needed changes for then second pair of tubes. I will also be installing meters on the front of these this time, and using larger power caps.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    Why not base them off those newer power tubes or would you need a whole new ground up design?
    What tube are you talking about?

edited November 14
    I could use those as well...

watch the video I didn't know that the Russians were not doing their due diligence. Prima Luna basically states the same on their site.