Auris BluMe?

Just curious if anyone in the forum has tried out the Auris BluMe Bluetooth receiver? It is advertised as having a high end DAC to improve SQ. That said just wondering how streaming music this way would compare to running a hard wired music server.
____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050

Comments

• PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    The title of this thread sure seems like locker room talk to me:)
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

And she was gooood :p
    Ok back to regular scheduled programming
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,374
    Thought he was bragging at first.
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited November 2017
    Looks cool...
    Back ground music streaming vs an actual 2channel and DAC????

Or are you wanting to use the library of remote PC???
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,050
    edited November 2017
    For the times I'm not doing real serious listening but still want streamed or mp3 music to not sound compressed. Also curious if the Bluetooth signal itself compresses audio which then makes having a high end DAC on the other end not as worthwhile since it would be converting an already degraded audio signal.
    ____________________________________________________________ polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS SVS PB13 Ultra x 2Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400, ADCOM 7807, Panasonic UB420, Sony SCD-C333ES, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Then I'd give it a shot especially if you can return it if you no likey
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,638
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    PSOVLSK wrote: »

And she was gooood :p
    Ok back to regular scheduled programming

ukggnlqb0xly.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help myself...
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited November 2017
    dpowell wrote: »
    For the times I'm not doing real serious listening but still want streamed or mp3 music to not sound compressed. Also curious if the Bluetooth signal itself compresses audio which then makes having a high end DAC on the other end not as worthwhile since it would be converting an already degraded audio signal.

You know our saying.....garbage in, garbage out. No dac will take a t u r d and turn it into a gold bar.

That said, you can make MP3 sound less compressed and you don't need a high end dac, just a good one. Look for dacs with a Burr Brown chip, AKM chip, as to my ears they sound a bit more analog than the Sabres and Wolfson chips. Granted, a chip isn't all that dictates the final sound, but I think in the price range your looking at, the chip should be more heavily considered.

MP3 is a degraded file, Bluetooth isn't the best either, so your starting with 2 strikes, and depending on what your playing it on, could also degrade the sound further. Everything matters in the chain, a decent dac with some decent cables, played on decent gear can make MP3 sound listenable.

The Auris does use a chip made by AKM, so that's a plus in my book, and since you can return it if you don't like it, give it a whirl and see. Not an expensive product anyway.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable