LSiM Set-Up, Super Excited!!!!!

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,307
So a few months ago I jumped on the 50% of Friends n Family sale for a set of 707's, and now I have the center and surrounds that will be here Wednesday, I am Super Excited to pull my RTiA9 surround set-up out, and give these all a spin..

I love the RTiA line but there are times I sit in the basement and listen to tunes especially if I am on the computer, so I am hoping for positive results for both movies and music. IMO I think the RTiA line will be hard to beat for movies but we will see. I won't unload my RTiA line till I know I'm happy with the results..

Either way this will be fun!!! B)
Death Grip...

Comments

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,604
    Cool man, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. The top end in the LSIM's will be way better for your music and you won't give up much in the way of dynamics for HT. Let us know your thoughts after you scrape your sack off the back wall. :p
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,422
    Had the RTI A5's/CSI A4 for my front 3, and replaced them with LSI M704/LSI M706c. I think the RTI A's were slightly better at vocals for movies, but a little lacking with the rest of the front sound stage.

When it comes to music, I only listen in 2-channel, no contest. You have to hear them to appreciate how much better of a speaker they are.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,307
    I have had my 707's in my 2 channel system, and I liked them very much but still no contest with my SDA's..

Your description about the RTiA line is how I envision I will feel about the comparison but I feel I will have a much all around system for when I am in the basement and want to listen to music down here as well. Everyone knows my 2 channel system is my baby but I don't need to listen to my music all the time in an audiophile world..
    Death Grip...
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,307
    The 702's showed up, FedEx was nice to handle them with care (enter sarcasm here) one of the boxes is a mess, one end was open, I'm surprised they stayed in the box, I pulled them out and gave them a look over (they are pretty heavy for surrounds) they look good, I will put power to them to make sure they work when I get home..
    Death Grip...
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,812
    I swear if they see the word "Fragile" or the Insurance sticker on it, they take it as a challenge lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 477
    edited November 14
    I swear if they see the word "Fragile" or the Insurance sticker on it, they take it as a challenge lol...

Yes! (Get it?)

60d0ehgi5w0l.jpg

Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,391
    I'm curious about your impressions well. When I was messing with some S20s, I thought they were a touch better than LSiMs for tv. I remember also liking some RTi10s for tv, but not for music. It was so early on in my involvement that I can't say how they compared. I use LSiMs in a combo use system and have no complaints, and It's nice to be able to switch modes and not have to go into ear-bleed prep.
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,866

I worked for a courier company...the sticker that reads "Fragile" for all intents and purposes meant to us in the package moving area..."THROW HARDER!".

:)
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.