Om 9

tonybtonyb Posts: 28,715
Any you guys have experience with Mirage OM 9's ?
HT SYSTEM-
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony BRP
Tad bookies
Polk 500 surrounds
Polk s35 center
SVS SB-2000
Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
B&k 1403 amp
Cary xciter dac
Cullen modded Sonos
ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Analysis plus crystal oval ic's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,268
    My brother-in-law has a pair with a matching, massive center. They sound really nice, but he's not into music, so I've never listened to them that way. He runs these full-range, without a separate sub. The built-in subs can shake his very large room. He did once have one of the plate amps serviced after it stopped working. Just saying serviced, since I have no idea what was done or replaced. Pretty good speakers, I'd say.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 16,933
    There's a pair of OM-somethings in my basement* -- they're big but I don't think they're OM-9s. They're pretty decent; all of the Mirages I've heard are pretty darned pleasant to listen to.

24140001459_117f162f21_b.jpg001 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

"It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• tonybtonyb Posts: 28,715
    Was thinking of picking these up as they are local to me, just not sure if they'd be dynamic enough for me.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony BRP
    Tad bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,719
    The OM9's are very musical. When powered correctly they can be a real pleasure to listen to.
    I Installed OM Mirage speakers for years and always thought they where so smooth clear, detailed and warm.
    They can be dynamic and if you where gonna build a OM theater package, with great surprise they really do movie soundtracks justice.
    Mirage subwoofers are also very nice. Nice mix of attack and musical smoothness.
    The OM-9's are a very nice balanced speaker and stand tall in the retail price point.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,719
    I was also very fond of the OM-5's. I'm sure if you search my old threads I'm sure I talked about the OM series and how well they did theater. We use to power them with B&K and Yamaha.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    Thanks for that input Dan, appreciate it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony BRP
    Tad bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,732
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,543
    edited November 2017
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    There's a pair of OM-somethings in my basement* -- they're big but I don't think they're OM-9s. They're pretty decent; all of the Mirages I've heard are pretty darned pleasant to listen to.

24140001459_117f162f21_b.jpg001 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

* Those are 750's(no letters).They replaced the SM 2.5's.The main difference being the tweeter. IIRC the 750's were the top model in the last series designed by Kevin Voecks before he left to take over the design duties at Snell. (He's now of course head honcho at Revel.) They indeed sounded very good as did most of the range. I had a pair of the smaller 2 ways that I liked a lot.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,277
    There's a pair of Vandersteen 1C available.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,268
    nbrowser wrote: »

Dang Ken! That's just mean.....funny.....but mean.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,078
    lightman1 wrote: »

And u earn $.75 in eBay bucks!!! How could one resist???
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Parasound HCA-1205A; Arcam rDac; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine Mini, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
    lightman1 wrote: »

I thought about a pair of Bose 201s...but that's just absolute torture.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    edited November 2017

LOL, if I didn't have a sense of humor, Cathy would be rolling up your driveway about now. :D

ANYWAY....these are off the table as it appears I will be snagging some SDA 2's instead.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony BRP
    Tad bookies
    Polk 500 surrounds
    Polk s35 center
    SVS SB-2000
    Sonos

Music-

Joule la-100 pre
    B&k 1403 amp
    Cary xciter dac
    Cullen modded Sonos
    ERA D5 bookies

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    tonyb wrote: »

LOL, if I didn't have a sense of humor, Cathy would be rolling up your driveway about now. :D

ANYWAY....these are off the table as it appears I will be snagging some SDA 2's instead.

Awwww and here I thought about gifting you a pair of these...

z0lgmdu8f7r0.jpg