Om 9

tonybtonyb Posts: 27,606
Any you guys have experience with Mirage OM 9's ?
legacy Focus 20/20
Butler tdb 2250
Cary Xciter dac
Joule LA-100
Pioneer BDP 320
Sony 4k 55 850c
FX 500 surround
Acoustic zen Satori SC's
Pioneer elite vsx21
Sonos-Cullen mod.
Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
PS Audio Quintet
Analysis Plus crystal ovals
Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC

Comments

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,003
    My brother-in-law has a pair with a matching, massive center. They sound really nice, but he's not into music, so I've never listened to them that way. He runs these full-range, without a separate sub. The built-in subs can shake his very large room. He did once have one of the plate amps serviced after it stopped working. Just saying serviced, since I have no idea what was done or replaced. Pretty good speakers, I'd say.
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,065
    There's a pair of OM-somethings in my basement* -- they're big but I don't think they're OM-9s. They're pretty decent; all of the Mirages I've heard are pretty darned pleasant to listen to.

24140001459_117f162f21_b.jpg001 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,606
    Was thinking of picking these up as they are local to me, just not sure if they'd be dynamic enough for me.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,624
    The OM9's are very musical. When powered correctly they can be a real pleasure to listen to.
    I Installed OM Mirage speakers for years and always thought they where so smooth clear, detailed and warm.
    They can be dynamic and if you where gonna build a OM theater package, with great surprise they really do movie soundtracks justice.
    Mirage subwoofers are also very nice. Nice mix of attack and musical smoothness.
    The OM-9's are a very nice balanced speaker and stand tall in the retail price point.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • mantismantis Posts: 14,624
    I was also very fond of the OM-5's. I'm sure if you search my old threads I'm sure I talked about the OM series and how well they did theater. We use to power them with B&K and Yamaha.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
    Thanks for that input Dan, appreciate it.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,870
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • FTGVFTGV Posts: 3,530
    edited November 13
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    There's a pair of OM-somethings in my basement* -- they're big but I don't think they're OM-9s. They're pretty decent; all of the Mirages I've heard are pretty darned pleasant to listen to.

24140001459_117f162f21_b.jpg001 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

* Those are 750's(no letters).They replaced the SM 2.5's.The main difference being the tweeter. IIRC the 750's were the top model in the last series designed by Kevin Voecks before he left to take over the design duties at Snell. (He's now of course head honcho at Revel.) They indeed sounded very good as did most of the range. I had a pair of the smaller 2 ways that I liked a lot.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,521
    There's a pair of Vandersteen 1C available.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,595
    nbrowser wrote: »

Dang Ken! That's just mean.....funny.....but mean.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,664
    lightman1 wrote: »

And u earn $.75 in eBay bucks!!! How could one resist???
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
    lightman1 wrote: »

I thought about a pair of Bose 201s...but that's just absolute torture.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    edited November 15

LOL, if I didn't have a sense of humor, Cathy would be rolling up your driveway about now. :D

ANYWAY....these are off the table as it appears I will be snagging some SDA 2's instead.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    tonyb wrote: »

LOL, if I didn't have a sense of humor, Cathy would be rolling up your driveway about now. :D

ANYWAY....these are off the table as it appears I will be snagging some SDA 2's instead.

Awwww and here I thought about gifting you a pair of these...

z0lgmdu8f7r0.jpg