I'm putting this whole audio hobby on the shelf for a while...

nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,226
edited November 9 in The Clubhouse
No, literally. The whole thing. Shelved!

pcbq81bgxdxv.jpg

I'm blabbing away on another thread about how I'm going to be moving into a new house and will be doing up a nice man-cave. But in the interim, I want all my gear out of the way, nice and safe in climate controlled storage. We've got a few projects that we want to do in the condo before we sell it, projects to do in the house before I set everything up, so I want everything safe and sound and out of the way. So 1200 records, all my gear and speakers, assorted spare parts, accessories, cleaning machine, etc. My whole audio world, all boxed up and on a shelf! Don't see that every day!!!
Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,519
    Lucky you who only has to do it once. This is what my system looks like every time I go to a show, only its crammed into the back of my SUV with my chest buried in the steering wheel for hours.

Setting it all back up is fun though. It feels like a fresh start even though nothing has changed.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,290
    Pre-planning your move is fantastic.

Now what came to my mind was " Storage Wars ".

I can see people asking." I wonder what's in those boxes ?
    I can hear them asking " I wonder what's under those moving blankets ?

Then I hear the bid only goes up to 250.00 ... :o :# :'(
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,812
    Thats a 2nd floor, indoor, climate controlled, interior storage unit right :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    whats the address again? >:) B)
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,595
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

Right there with ya, Ivan.....
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,060
    Check for GPS coordinates on the JPG metadata.
    Just sayin'...

;)

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,610
    Now that's funny... :D
    lightman1 wrote: »

Right there with ya, Ivan.....

Says the man with enough speakers, amps and cables to recreate the wall of sound.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • nspindelnspindel Posts: 5,226
    Thats a 2nd floor, indoor, climate controlled, interior storage unit right :smile:

Yes, yes, yes!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Just sayin'...

;)

And I was thinking to myself while I was driving to storage “Turn off the GPS before you take the photo!” Nope....
    Just sayin'...

;)

Not to worry Neil I'd hit Russ's cache before yours I'm sure his is much closer :p
    Just sayin'...

;)

Not to worry Neil I'd hit Russ's cache before yours I'm sure his is much closer :p

Turncoat!! Traitor!!
    Just sayin'...

;)

Too late, I already did. He just doesn't know because a note sent via carrier pigeon takes a long time to get from NC to Iowa...
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,519
    I think we all have an unhealthy obsession with Russ. The stalker has become the stalked.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,481
    edited November 9
    So long as your rabies and tetanus shots are up to date, and you don’t engage in adult entertainment with him, he is quite safe. As has already been established, just keep him away from the sheep and other livestock.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

Chicks dig me....
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 714
    Russ as an adolescent???
    ggpg4qro05js.png
    Chicks dig me....

That's a BOLD statement I'd need DNA to confirm homo sapiens.....
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Russ as an adolescent???
    ggpg4qro05js.png

If only I were back in PA......we would see "who" gets the horns......
    Holy crap! Neill has his gear in boxes! Look!
    Chicks dig me....

That's a BOLD statement I'd need DNA to confirm homo sapiens.....

I have your address......
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 714
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Russ as an adolescent???
    ggpg4qro05js.png

If only I were back in PA......we would see "who" gets the horns......

If you were back in PA, I'd be bugging you to have a listen to your right.... Without the horns ;)
    Come on, let’s keep this conversation on point. Wait.... there is no point! My stuff is all in boxes on a shelf. Carry on!