So, this happened about 9 hours ago...............

2»

Comments

• Jimbo18Jimbo18 Posts: 1,568
    Sorry, I hope you heal fast.

But at least now you can pull a Joker and ask "You wanna know how I got these scars?".
    Modest HT - Sony STRDA3700ES, RT800i, CS400i center, RT25i surrounds, Def Tech PF 15TL+, Belkin PF30, Sony BDP-S390.
    Bedroom - HK AVR 340, Monitor 5jr+ Series2, CS245 center, Yamaha YST-SW160, Furez 10/2, Roku 3
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,027
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Sorry, I hope you heal fast.

But at least now you can pull a Joker and ask "You wanna know how I got these scars?".

Thanks Jim.

Yeah, a la @daboyz.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 512
    That's looks bad. How low was your blood sugar? and how do you control it?

Many years of experience here. Type 1 for 40 years with a insulin pump.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

tratliff wrote: »
    That's looks bad. How low was your blood sugar? and how do you control it?

Many years of experience here. Type 1 for 40 years with a insulin pump.

When they arrived and put me on a gurney and tested it it was 45mg/dL. That was higher than it was when I hit the glass for sure. I am still using the vial and syringe method (and glucose meter). My A1C's have been 5.4 or less (typically, 5.1 or 5.2) for the last 27 years. I have had diabetes for 33 years.

Which pump are you using? I am seriously considering one.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 12,206
    Ouch dude. I am sorry this happened to you.....don't know what else to say but I hope that it heels fast and scar less.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.
    Thank you Tom.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

45 is pretty low but I have been checking it myself when mine has been 34.

I have the Medtronic 751 pump.

That is a pretty low A1C. I would assume your blood sugars run in the 70-80 range normally. Seems like it might be a little close to the edge, but that maybe just for me, especially if you take to much insulin and are not watching it closely. And combine that with long acting insulin and you can get into trouble quick.

The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125. The best thing the pump does is allow you to only take fast acting (Humalog) insulin. The reason this is such a good thing is that you don't have fast acting and long acting insulin working at the same time. I take 1.5 units per hour and a sliding scale via the pump when I eat.

Since being on the pump I have not had an event that I did not take care of myself.

PM me if you would like more details.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

• OleBootOleBoot Posts: 232
    edited November 8
    I tried the pump for a while, and could not get on with it - I could not get a basal dose that worked. Didn't much like the permanent attachment either. However, my endo has told me that more of his Type 1 patients are on the pump than not, so maybe I am weird or didn't try hard enough. My A1c is usually high 5s and low 6s - does your doctor advise that your levels be that low? Mine gets worried when I get into the 5s and warns me to be careful. In fact, a recent study in Sweden has shown tha A1c levels below 5.6 carry a 500% increased risk of headbutting glass faced hutches.

Anyway, hope you have a speedy recovery from the current problem.
    I started out with nothing and have most of it left.
  • mrlorenmrloren Posts: 1,144
    OUCH! Man them 4 guys came into your place to jack your equipment and tossed you into the hutch right?
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.

Family Room:
    Samsung UN60H,
    Marantz SR5010, Emotiva BasX-A300
    Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, Sony DVP-NS3100ES, WD Live HUB.
    Main: Polk Signature S60
    Center: Polk TSX250C
    Front High TC80i
    Rear: Polk MC80
    Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5

Bed Room;
    Sony KDF-E42A10,
    Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270
    Main: Polk Signature S20
    Center: Polk Signature S30
    Rear: Polk R15
    Sub: HSU STF-2

Working Warehouse;
    Sony 2100ES
    Polk RTi4 about 15' up the wall
    Old sony 12" Sub
    Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • machonemachone Posts: 815
    Man!
    Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    Mojo Audio Joule v5>>Quantum Byte w/JRiver 21 and Fidelizer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Marantz SA 8005>> Equinox 7>>
    Hafler DH-110 Preamp + (Musical Concepts LXII Elite Mod) >>Equinox 7>>
    Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts PA-6 Elite Mod) >>Belden 5000 10 ga cables>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modified)...SDA-1A (Fully Modified with Dimensional Tweeter Delete)
    1KVA Dreadnought
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony DVP-NS575P DVD Player

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • DerfDerf Posts: 111
    The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125.
    My wife was a Type I for 36 years. Going on the pump about 18 years ago was the best thing she ever did for her diabetes care. Her numbers were similar to those tratliff cited. Easier to adjust for variations in diet, exercise, sickness. As a spouse who saw the benefits I recommend you give it a try. She did not have success with the continuous glucose monitoring system. Never worked right for her.

Preamp: Dayens Ampino
    Amps: Dayens Monoblocks
    Speakers: Usher MD2
    DAC: North Star Design Supremo
    Streaming Source: AURALiC Aries Mini
    Power Source: PS Audio PP3 on dedicated 20amp circuit
  • SlapahoSlapaho Posts: 183
    DAYUM! That's gotta hurt. I hope the doc gave you a 55 gallon bag full of good pain killers.
    Derf wrote: »
    The pump has changed my life. My A1C normally runs 6.0-6.2. Regular blood sugar is 110-125.
    My wife was a Type I for 36 years. Going on the pump about 18 years ago was the best thing she ever did for her diabetes care. Her numbers were similar to those tratliff cited. Easier to adjust for variations in diet, exercise, sickness. As a spouse who saw the benefits I recommend you give it a try. She did not have success with the continuous glucose monitoring system. Never worked right for her.

I agree on the glucose monitoring system. Mine has it but I don't use it. I check my blood sugar the old fashion way, about 5 times per day. The continuous system seems like it needs more R/D.

But overall the pump is a great way to administer insulin.
    2 Channel

Theater

Living Room

Office

• kevhed72kevhed72 Posts: 2,897
    First rule of fight club is....
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,828
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    First rule of fight club is....

The hutch knew what it was can't cha tell o:)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,621
    Dang man, sorry to hear about this. Get rid of glass stuff man, you could have easily been harmed worst than you did.

Maybe wear a Hockey mask around the house. Be interesting anyway when neighbors ring your bell, or Jehovah Witnesses. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet