Help identifying.

Wondering if these are 1.2 or 1.2TL? Thanks!hasefzhptmkb.jpg
u4uc6k6dvmvi.jpg
sgvk3wy9nrgh.jpg
3gfhg981t6b8.jpg
b03hy9b74q0r.jpg
HT
Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,

Comments

• cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    Also... Assuming they are in decent shape, problem free, and have the cable, is $1500 a fair price?
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Gonna go out on a limb: 1.2... TL have different tweets
  • That's what I'm thinking too. Looks like first gen tweeters to me.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Lets see interconnect B/b. Or p/b.
  • cmy330go
    Thanks for the input. So not worth pursuing at that price?
    HT

2 CH
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    They are definitely 1.2's, NOT TL's. IMO, $1,500 is a steep price since you will almost definitely want to replace all 8 tweeters, with RD0-194's as the SL2000's will make your ears bleed; That will be pricey to do, and make the price more than they are worth, IMO.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited November 2017
    On the other hand you won't find a pair of non-SDA speakers that can do what those will at any price.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    Very true Jesse.

If the OP wants to shell out money for the new RD0-194's and the $1,500 then go for it.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I think 1,500 is a bit high. 1,200 is a fair price if they are in good shape.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• They could be 1st gen SRS's and unless I missed it, the OP did not state what type of interconnect socket they have. If it's pin/blade they are 1.2's and can be converted to 1.2TL's. If it's blade/blade, they are 1st generation SRS's and cannot be converted to TL.

+1 to what F1 stated.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    I'd pay the lightman 2.15 and then a couple canadian nickles....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • headrott
    They could be 1st gen SRS's and unless I missed it, the OP did not state what type of interconnect socket they have. If it's pin/blade they are 1.2's and can be converted to 1.2TL's. If it's blade/blade, they are 1st generation SRS's and cannot be converted to TL.

+1 to what F1 stated.

Very good point. I forgot about the SRS's.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• cmy330go
    That's all the photos that the seller posted. In the listing the only detail he gave was that they were 1.2s, but judging by the photos, and the rest of the post, I question how much he knows about what he has. I'll start probing for some more info, and pics. Maybe I can talk him down a bit.

I've know for ages that the SDAs are held if high regard, but I've never had the fortune of hearing any, and they rarely come up for sale in this area. So if I could pick these up for the right price, I'd love to give them a try.
    HT

2 CH
  • Have the seller take a picture of the interconnect, that will clear up some confusion.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• pitdogg2
    Have the seller take a picture of the interconnect, that will clear up some confusion.

Those in the know can also count the screws on the XO plate and tell between SRS and 1.2. I however am not that guy.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Early 1.2s used the leftover SRS front plates.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    And then there is that....

Back to the interconnect socket or ask that he pull some drivers
  • No need to pull drivers. Just need to know what kind of interconnect socket it is.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • I'd say they are SRS's judging by the warning on the back of the speaker about common ground amps only. 1.2's don't have that warning I believe. The interconnect will tell the truth however.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• cmy330go
    1ldbb54hym2g.jpg

Please tell me that's not a valve stem cap on the one binding post. :*
    HT

2 CH
  • Looks like it's blade/blade so they are first-generation SRS's, not 1.2's.
    SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    cmy330go wrote: »
    5m3a5wnhbfii.jpg

That made me laugh. How people end up losing things like post nuts, especially on a pair of speakers like this, is beyond me.

The real question is, how often did he change the air out inside the cabs?
    I disabled signatures.
  • pitdogg2
    edited November 2017
    Scott those can get very brittle, so as you see they are using bare wire. That can when tightened too tight cause the nut to get oval which can with brittle plastic split the nut. One also when using bare wire tighten enough to push the ring on the binding post connector to make good contact with the face of the binding post or it just makes very little contact with the inside surface of the ring.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    cmy330go wrote: »
    1ldbb54hym2g.jpg

Actually that fix should work. And you have to give the guy some credit, who would ever guess the threads would be the same