Polk RTia5 and Onkyo AVR HTR-393

PixOttPixOtt Posts: 7
edited November 6 in 2 Channel Audio
Hi All, sorry this post may be repeated. I have a Onkyo Receiver HTR-393 with 110 W at 6 ohms. I am planing to buy a pair of RTia5 from my colleague which is rated as 8ohms which I think is okey to work with my receiver. But regarding the point of power output, this Onkyo receiver can do its part? My room is only 20 feet X 30 feet. I am getting this pair at very cheap price, as my colleague is upgrading to B&W. Any answer and help is highly reply appreciated.

https://www.cnet.com/products/polk-audio-rtia5-speaker/specs/

Comments

• rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,664
    Do you have a sub? They will work full range so long as u are careful with the volume knob, but they won’t sound their best. However, it would be much safer crossing them over at around 80hz to a sub...
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • PixOttPixOtt Posts: 7
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Do you have a sub? They will work full range so long as u are careful with the volume knob, but they won’t sound their best. However, it would be much safer crossing them over at around 80hz to a sub...

hi rooftop59; Yes I have a sub and also a center speaker. Thanks for your recommendation. will try crossing over to 80hz to the sub for LF.