Polk RTia5 and Onkyo AVR HTR-393

PixOtt
PixOtt Posts: 15
edited November 2017 in 2 Channel Audio
Hi All, sorry this post may be repeated. I have a Onkyo Receiver HTR-393 with 110 W at 6 ohms. I am planing to buy a pair of RTia5 from my colleague which is rated as 8ohms which I think is okey to work with my receiver. But regarding the point of power output, this Onkyo receiver can do its part? My room is only 20 feet X 30 feet. I am getting this pair at very cheap price, as my colleague is upgrading to B&W. Any answer and help is highly reply appreciated.

https://www.cnet.com/products/polk-audio-rtia5-speaker/specs/

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Do you have a sub? They will work full range so long as u are careful with the volume knob, but they won’t sound their best. However, it would be much safer crossing them over at around 80hz to a sub...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • PixOtt
    PixOtt Posts: 15
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Do you have a sub? They will work full range so long as u are careful with the volume knob, but they won’t sound their best. However, it would be much safer crossing them over at around 80hz to a sub...

hi rooftop59; Yes I have a sub and also a center speaker. Thanks for your recommendation. will try crossing over to 80hz to the sub for LF.