edited November 16
    Ooooo audio. p o £ n. I'm coming for sure
    Alley oop :D :)
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • ALL212ALL212 Posts: 642
    There are some conversations its just best to stay out of... :*
    Aaron
    Bring tunes, cans and small speaks if you’d like.

If you have a few tubes you’d like tested we can do that. I also have a borrowed omnimic 2 we can have fun with.

That’s “a few” as in 1/2 dozen or less, not your entire stock...Brock!
    Aaron
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 1,989
    I'm officially out. :( Family duties call.

Wanted to bring my new HD6XX to try on Crack, but that will have to wait for another time.

Rich, your commuting partner has bailed on you. Sorry about that.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
    Just trying to temp folks - the bottlehead table.

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Aaron
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 754
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,945
    edited November 17
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Just trying to temp folks - the Doorprize table.

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Fixed it for ya :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    I'm diggin' this already. Apparently AARon backs up to a place called "Gambino Park". :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • WardswebWardsweb Posts: 759

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Bottlehead, I know it well. You have a very nice collection there.

Living room:Maplenoll turntable, Clearaudio Champion II turntable, Sonic Euphoria pre, Lounge phono pre, Shanling CD-T1500 sacd, Auralic Aries Mini DAC/server, PS Audio Quintessence power, ASL AQ1006 845 DT MKII mono block amplifers, DIY Altec/JBL speakers
    Sun room: DIY Class A 6H30 linestage, DIY "ST70" amplifier, Olive3 server, JBL C50 Olympus speakers with custom Smith horns
    Den: Onkyo TX-NR929 receiver, Oppo BDP-103 player, Panamax M5400-PM power, SST Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks, Behringer EP 4000 sub amp, Electrovoice DX-38 active, Klipsch Jubilee speakers, Martin Logan Cinema center, JBL SAT2 surrounds, Danley DTS-10 sub
    What Bottlehead pieces do you have? I love the stuff!
    Aaron
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,681
    Wardsweb wrote: »

qayuwvs6ocah.jpg

Bottlehead, I know it well. You have a very nice collection there.

that is not all of Aaron's Bottlehead kits as i stole a few from him ;)

Wish I was there! Ya going to have a blast I know!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    So Bottlehead needs one client to stay in business eh?
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    At least two. If you can play nice with the other kids you can join the club too!
    Aaron
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    At least two. If you can play nice with the other kids you can join the club too!

I don't join clubs. I make them.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,503
    DSkip wrote: »
    I don't join clubs. I make them.
    To beat baby seals with?
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,503
    edited November 18
    Wohhhh!
    2my376hncw1g.jpg
  • daboyzdaboyz Posts: 4,472
    Thanks to Aaron for having us. Weird thing was everyone ran for the hills when I got there. What's Up with that? :)
    Parasound HCA1200 MKII, Parasound HCA-1205A, Oppo BDP-83SE, Marantz SR7008, Mitsubishi 65" DLP, Martin Logan Dynamo Sub, APC S10

Mini HT - Samsung 46" 3D TV + 3D Blu ray player, HK AVR 254, Rti8's, Athena 12" sub
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 8,121
    edited November 18
    daboyz wrote: »
    Thanks to Aaron for having us. Weird thing was everyone ran for the hills when I got there. What's Up with that? :)

Should of kept your shoes on :* kidding

No seriously Aaron was very gracious. I met some fabulous folks and had great conversations with all. There was some excellent music played all day. Tonyb and i chatted at length it was my pleasure meeting him finally in person. I finally was able to put a face to daboys as well and at first it didn't dawn on me who i was really talking to until he brought up his daughter, now insert embarrassed face here ;).

I'd of love to seen Brocks car in person...buuuutttt the car never made it.

Seriously Dave and Aaron it was a pleasure to meet you guys. I would of loved to stay longer honestly but my copilot was ready to well copilot. I was also trying to snag up a 40$ Pioneer elite 79 uni-player which the rat tasterd sold out from under me after he had set up a time for me to come get it.... what was it we were discussing about Craigslist flakes yep.... so seller and i had been texting back and forth all day so when i get there it was "well i emailed you earlier" ummmm ya thanks putz

Great time Aaron once again
    Thank a ton pal
    Ivan
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,945
    Was there gangsts rap played?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
    Was there gangsts rap played?

Not while i was there this was a classy joint <3
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    Aaron was very gracious. He did ask me for a credit card though, for all the sandwiches and cookies I ate. Something about 8 rolls of TP missing too, but that was Ivan. Nice putting some faces to names.

Aaron has a heck of a setup too. Anyone gets a chance should go visit and give a listen....and bring your credit card. Thanks again Aaron.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Narc :p
  • schwarcwschwarcw Posts: 7,125
    Pictures or it didn't happen!
    Carl

schwarcw wrote: »
    Pictures or it didn't happen!

Hey Carl what's up man. Rich was there great to meet up again.
    edited November 19
    That was fun. Dave and I drew names for the Bottlehead door prizes and you had to be present to win and since everyone left...well... Dave's name didn't get drawn so it was really a moot point. ;)

Thanks everyone! I've found some beer, a bottle of wine, chips, dip and albums laying around so I'll just assume they can stay.

The only thing that went a bit south is the missing TP...WTF...and no one fessed up to it so I've charged everyone's CC an extra $5 to cover that. :#

No gangsta... we got 'nuff of that in Rockford without my encouragement.

Maybe another round with more advanced warning as spring approaches.

The only pic I have is of Otis asking that I leave so he can listen...
    lavpx5aycdnh.jpg

Again,
    Thanks everyone!!
    Aaron
  • SCompRacerSCompRacer Posts: 6,595
    edited November 19
    Thanks for the invite Aaron! You get high marks for your systems and can setups! Nice spread of food and drinks! Get that decimal in the right spot and the SS8's are yours! Delivery and set up included!

Aaron is a consummate twerker..... I mean tweaker! He gets results gear and placement/treatment wise.

I met a fellow Lenco TT owner and another gear builder, a friend of Aarons. And I can cross meeting Tony off the bucket list.

I only took three....

iqel61lqakzz.jpg

r8zsxe1fbdqx.jpg

ccbcz3884lvt.jpg
    Make yourself necessary to someone. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

edited November 19
    Oh, while that MQA stuff sounded good, I'm not on board with it. Your DAC manufacturer refers to it as a "format distraction" and does not support it. I'd thoroughly research it before committing to the software end along with the licensed hardware end of it.

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ & Pro 11+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS* Twisted Pear Buffalo III Dual Mono ESS Sabre32 DAC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,307
    edited November 19
    ccbcz3884lvt.jpg

holy cow them guys is old!*

;)

I hope y'all had fun; wish I could've been there.

edited November 19
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

holy cow them guys is old!*

Usually I'm one of the oldest there but not this time! Grey/white was the hair color of the day! lol

Ask Aaron to show you his next tube amp project.

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,307
    grey/white beats the pants off of invisible -- which I am asymptotically approaching as every day goes by :)

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum