List of odd ball Polk speakers

2»

Comments

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 726
    Faustin wrote: »
    "@DSkip , do you have any pics of the 4s you speak of? Those grabbed my interest."

I had a pair of the 4's with the Peerless tweeter. Paid $19 for them. Rebuilt the c/o's, put on some nice veneer and then gave them to my daughter's (at the time) boyfriend as a college graduation present. Have seen them pop up for sale now and again but generally priced way more than I want to spend.xehz4qkidenn.jpg
    18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

Wow, I always read those as 1g 4s... I'll have to keep an eye out.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,530
    FestYboy wrote: »
    "@DSkip , do you have any pics of the 4s you speak of? Those grabbed my interest."

I had a pair of the 4's with the Peerless tweeter. Paid $19 for them. Rebuilt the c/o's, put on some nice veneer and then gave them to my daughter's (at the time) boyfriend as a college graduation present. Have seen them pop up for sale now and again but generally priced way more than I want to spend.xehz4qkidenn.jpg
    18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

Faustin's are not the one's I was referencing. Someone else hit it.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
    Ok, so the hunt begins!!!
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 778
    DSkip wrote: »

18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

Faustin's are not the one's I was referencing. Someone else hit it.

clz47aqaxfcg.jpg
    edited November 4
    A Polk M4 with adjustable Hafler surround matrix.
    These are vintage Polks.
    Ok so I found the XOs, just need to find a suitable pair of 4s...

Nothing "Odd Ball" about that.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,828
    Yep2 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I think they were called sda sds but I could be wrong. I can't rememver but I know lasareath had a pair.

SDS-400's?

Yes
    Yep2 wrote: »

Nothing "Odd Ball" about that.

I donno, how many have you seen??? I know there's a pair on eBay right now, but they appear to be 4.5s or 4.6s with the SDS XOs??? Or maybe that's all they were: a 4 varient with the added XO?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,087
    I think we need another thread listing the even ball Polk loudspeakers.
    That's what I think we need...
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

mhardy6647 wrote: »

Lotteries are not allowed on this forum SIR! :D
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Well sack one up Doc..... pun intended
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,492
    edited November 4
    we could also have a thread for BIG BALL Polk speakers... they even have a theme song[url="https://youtu.be/07luBQP7YvY[/url]
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

I remember getting that album for Xmas. Went upstairs cranked it up and when thst famous song came on sitting there rockin out and cue needle rip off album noise now and crash album smashed. Dad says that sheite not getting played in this house :/
    So they went out bought me the best of mountain LP. Good album but no ac/dc lol
  • ptrooperptrooper Posts: 198
    My brother informed my grandmother that i wanted this album when i was 10 for xmas ....
    edited November 5
    Bet that went over like a f-art in church... ;)

Can't believe I had to edit that F word.
    So sad vanilla, so sad.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 484
    "Dirty Swedes Done Ballz Deep"
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,492
    Ball soccer, ball soccer, ball soccer...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

2»