List of odd ball Polk speakers

2»

Comments

  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Faustin wrote: »
    "@DSkip , do you have any pics of the 4s you speak of? Those grabbed my interest."

    I had a pair of the 4's with the Peerless tweeter. Paid $19 for them. Rebuilt the c/o's, put on some nice veneer and then gave them to my daughter's (at the time) boyfriend as a college graduation present. Have seen them pop up for sale now and again but generally priced way more than I want to spend.xehz4qkidenn.jpg
    18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

    Wow, I always read those as 1g 4s... I'll have to keep an eye out.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,763
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Faustin wrote: »
    "@DSkip , do you have any pics of the 4s you speak of? Those grabbed my interest."

    I had a pair of the 4's with the Peerless tweeter. Paid $19 for them. Rebuilt the c/o's, put on some nice veneer and then gave them to my daughter's (at the time) boyfriend as a college graduation present. Have seen them pop up for sale now and again but generally priced way more than I want to spend.xehz4qkidenn.jpg
    18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

    Wow, I always read those as 1g 4s... I'll have to keep an eye out.

    Faustin's are not the one's I was referencing. Someone else hit it.
    audiothesis.com/

    Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Ok, so the hunt begins!!!
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    DSkip wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Faustin wrote: »
    "@DSkip , do you have any pics of the 4s you speak of? Those grabbed my interest."

    I had a pair of the 4's with the Peerless tweeter. Paid $19 for them. Rebuilt the c/o's, put on some nice veneer and then gave them to my daughter's (at the time) boyfriend as a college graduation present. Have seen them pop up for sale now and again but generally priced way more than I want to spend.xehz4qkidenn.jpg
    18f6yokzatkt.jpg
    eqptwrh0jzf1.jpg

    Wow, I always read those as 1g 4s... I'll have to keep an eye out.

    Faustin's are not the one's I was referencing. Someone else hit it.

    clz47aqaxfcg.jpg
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    edited November 2017
    A Polk M4 with adjustable Hafler surround matrix.
    These are vintage Polks.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Ok so I found the XOs, just need to find a suitable pair of 4s...
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ok so I found the XOs, just need to find a suitable pair of 4s...

    Nothing "Odd Ball" about that.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,558
    Yep2 wrote: »
    DSkip wrote: »
    I think they were called sda sds but I could be wrong. I can't rememver but I know lasareath had a pair.

    SDS-400's?

    Yes
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Yep2 wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Ok so I found the XOs, just need to find a suitable pair of 4s...

    Nothing "Odd Ball" about that.

    I donno, how many have you seen??? I know there's a pair on eBay right now, but they appear to be 4.5s or 4.6s with the SDS XOs??? Or maybe that's all they were: a 4 varient with the added XO?
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 18,747
    I think we need another thread listing the even ball Polk loudspeakers.
    That's what I think we need...
    "It's like watching a roomful of people who couldn't get through college algebra discussing the flaws of quantum physics theory. I guess it could be fun, but it's ultimately a waste of time." -- seen on audiokarma

    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

    "Writing about hifi is like dancing about architecture" -- paraphrasing some wag (possibly Frank Zappa)
  • Yep2Yep2 Posts: 1,199
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think we need another thread listing the even ball Polk loudspeakers.
    That's what I think we need...

    Lotteries are not allowed on this forum SIR! :D
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,558
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I think we need another thread listing the even ball Polk loudspeakers.
    That's what I think we need...

    Well sack one up Doc..... pun intended
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,048
    edited November 2017
    we could also have a thread for BIG BALL Polk speakers... they even have a theme song[url="https://youtu.be/07luBQP7YvY[/url]
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,558
    I remember getting that album for Xmas. Went upstairs cranked it up and when thst famous song came on sitting there rockin out and cue needle rip off album noise now and crash album smashed. Dad says that sheite not getting played in this house :/
    So they went out bought me the best of mountain LP. Good album but no ac/dc lol
  • ptrooperptrooper Posts: 238
    My brother informed my grandmother that i wanted this album when i was 10 for xmas ....
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    edited November 2017
    Bet that went over like a f-art in church... ;)


    Can't believe I had to edit that F word.
    So sad vanilla, so sad.
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 3,083
    "Dirty Swedes Done Ballz Deep"
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,048
    Ball soccer, ball soccer, ball soccer...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

  • anpui6bktsx6.jpg
    I have a pair of 4s with peerless tweeters pf8s4k3f2rqd.jpg
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Is that an offer?
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 380
    edited February 3
    They're not pristine and no grills, but here's a pair for sale cheap. No affiliation.
    I could facilitate if needed, but don't know best way to protect tweeters from further damage during shipping.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-4-speakers/6476172728.html
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    That's tempting...
  • verbverb Posts: 2,955
    CGTIII wrote: »
    They're not pristine and no grills, but here's a pair for sale cheap. No affiliation.
    I could facilitate if needed, but don't know best way to protect tweeters from further damage during shipping.
    https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/ele/d/polk-audio-monitor-4-speakers/6476172728.html

    Go get em @CGTIII ! Can’t go wrong! I’ll take em once their in your hands! Been looking for a vintage set of bookshelf speakers!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,655
    Hey, no jumping the line! :p
  • verbverb Posts: 2,955
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Hey, no jumping the line! :p

    Quit snoozing! Get off the fence!
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • verbverb Posts: 2,955
    Yeah I seen those. Looks like they were pampered. A bit far for me as I live near Detroit
    Basement: Polk SDA 1C's, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, Rotel 1580 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Carver TX8 Tuner, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • CGTIIICGTIII Posts: 380
    PM sent to @verb
    Unlikely things happen so often because there are so many unlikely things that *can* happen.

    Lovin' my salvaged 10As! Assist to @lawdogg.
    Polk - SDA-2Bs, 11TLs, (4) M7s, RTi4s, RT35is, RTi28s, RT5s, RT3s, S4s, M3s, various centers.
    Boston - S8, S6s, S4s.
    M&K V4, M&K VX-7B, JBL SUB150P, Jamo Sub 250, Realistic T1000s, and more.
    ​Thompson Adventures, Inc.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!