Isoacoustics Speaker Stands

Options
jdjohn
jdjohn Posts: 3,000
Upon recommendation from a friend, I got a pair of Isoacoustics ISO-L8R200 speaker stands. http://www.isoacoustics.com/products/iso-l8r-series-speaker-isolation-stands/iso-l8r200-isolation-stands/ They include two different lengths of tubes and spacers, and by putting spacers on the front tubes, you can obtain a backwards tilt. Here I have the short tubes installed with spacers added in the front. There are also much longer tubes included that can get the stands to almost 9" high.
qzxcyupz03pg.jpg
tpkxwkzxncd3.jpg
Primary use for me was going to be with my Infinity RS5
pj2kdcrgdv8n.jpg
I thought they might be too small for Polk Monitor 10s, but they actually work!
sz1birdtdezy.jpg
3hfet0772aw5.jpg
I have read recommendations about having proper stands for box speakers, but it wasn't until I actually TRIED it that I understood. Huge difference in separation, and tight as a frog's butt.

Isoacoustics has a good product here, available in several sizes, and it won't break the bank.
"This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
"Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon

Comments

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    Options
    These guys have some speaker footers called the Gaia. I’ve been toying the idea of trying these. But they aren’t cheap! About 600 for two speakers. The reviews seem to show very positive improvement from their products. Looks like good quality stuff.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.