Looking for a high temp pipe coupling

Options
Not audio related at all, but can anybody point me to a 6" diameter fernco type coupling that can withstand 500 degrees F?
Yep, my name really is Bob.
Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    500!?! Dear God man, what are you up to??

To answer your question, look for a silicone coupler ment for automotive intake piping. There are a few companies that will build you one to spec, though 6" might be a bit pricey.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Don't want to get too pricey. It's to connect 2 exhaust pipes out of my boiler. The seam is currently sealed with RTV silicone but I wanted an easier/less messy connection. I doubt the pipes will ever get to 500(typical temps are low 300's) but that would be a safeguard in the event a fire starts in the pipes.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Oh that's easy!!! Use fire rope. Small bead of copper seal on the inside and outside edge of the rope for a gap seal between surfaces and slide together. The rope is flexible and good for over 2500*
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    High temp pipe coupling ?? Is that what they call it now a days ??

In my day, we called them Trojans, 50 cents at any truck stop bathroom. Choose your style/size and color. Options baby....options...lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Got a feeling it won't cover the girth Tony.