I Have a Date Friday Night!!

My younger daughter Kara and I are going to see Yo Yo Ma and Kathryn Stott at Penn State this week. Kara is our little cellist (has played in her school orchestra for 4 years now) and is very excited. We're really looking forward to it!

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Enjoy your time with her. Yo Yo Ma is simply the best.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    You are going to love it. I saw him perform outdoors at the Greek Theater in Berkeley. Absolutely incredible show.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,870
    That'll be one heck of a date. The fact that the two of you are taking time out together is the best part. Your daughter will be very happy.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Envious
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Hey Fun Al!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    The show was fantastic!

The time with Kara was priceless!!!

Her smile was ear to ear from start to finish. She loved the fact that the audience got them to come back for three encores.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,589
    Three encores!! Awesome!