Nice Energy Veritas 1.8v floorstanding speakers

I have decided to sell my Energy Veritas 1.8V floorstanding speakers. This was a very difficult decision. This is a highly rated speaker that is in perfect working condition with a rich gloss black finish and is built like a tank... The 1.8 features two 6.5 inch woofers and a dome midrange and 1 inch tweeter. I can be bi wired or tri wired if you so desire. More details of the design below. These were $4000 when new. The sound is top flight. These work perfectly and look great but are not 9 or 10s. There are few light scratches on the speakers and one good sized one that went thru the finish HOWEVER!! IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE that the finish is so rich and glossy the scratches are very very hard to see. Even the one I pictured is very hard to see in person. it looks 100 times worse in a picture then in person. We had to do some odd things to get it to show. None of the others go thru the finish and are very minor. I think one of the grills is missing a peg but that does not affect it. They look great overall. I would really prefer local pickup but would pack and ship at your expense. They are very heavy at 85lbs each. Asking $895 Thanks

The Veritas v1.8 incorporates many of the design breakthroughs found in the flagship Veritas v2.8 which has set new standards in accuracy, image stability and rendition of musical detail. It represents an extraordinary technical achievement, rendering performance that is purely musical. The Veritas v1.8 measures 46 inches tall with a footprint less than 1.5 square feet. Two 6-1/2 inch bass drivers in a Quad-vented enclosure join a unique, teardrop-shaped Convergent Source mid/high-frequency module. The module employs a 3-inch aluminum dome midrange driver and a 1-inch aluminum dome tweeter, both featuring Energy's exclusive cloth suspension technology for unsurpassed transparency and speed. To achieve the uniform dispersion necessary for stable imaging and outstanding clarity, the Veritas v1.8 employs a sophisticated, computer engineered crossover network which optimizes driver performance. The crossover points and slopes allow a seamless transition between drivers, without the dips, peaks, or phase changes that corrupt lesser designs. The result is uniform dispersion in both the horizontal and vertical planes, which is necessary for image stability, coherency and timbre. In addition, the crossover's smooth impedance and phase characteristics make the v1.8 suitable for use with a wide variety of amplifiers. The three individual filter networks are isolated from one another, allowing tri-amping or tri-wiring via three pairs of gold-plated, five way binding posts. Uniform dispersion -- or freedom from undesired directionality -- is further guaranteed by drivers that accommodate low crossover points. The bass drivers crossover to the 3-inch dome midrange driver at just 400Hz, alleviating the directionality associated with a bass driver acting at high frequencies. Similarly, the midrange driver crosses over to the 1-inch dome tweeter at ust 2.5 kHz. The design of the convergent source mid/high frequency module locates the tweeter and midrange drivers close to each other, so they act as a point source, sharpening the stereo image. The v1.8's two 6-1/2 inch bass drivers work in parallel to surpass the bass performance of a single 8-inch woofer. Yet by using two smaller drivers instead of a single large driver the v1.8 offers improved low frequency response and tighter control of high-level transients, while exhibiting the immediate sensation of place and power. The Veritas v1.8's cabinet features a choice of rich mahogany veneer or high gloss black lacquer. The outer walls are of 1 inch thick high density MDF. An interlocking system of five internal circumferential and vertical braces minimize structural and mechanical resonances. An acoustically transparent grille assembly covers the entire complement of drivers, while the convergent source module is additionally protected by a metal-mesh grille. The Veritas v1.8 allows music lovers world wide to take a step closer to the original live performance in the comfort of their own homes.

avklbvkzbjsn.jpg
q0ajfdvxyb9v.jpg
x1bay2225hfo.jpg
5bxwdp9zw1dc.jpg

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    These are very highly regarded speakers and I would definitely suggest local pickup. Some speakers in the Veritas line don't do well with shipping (similar to vintage Polk speakers, the drivers may seize up) but double check the model/line because this was an issue for the early versions but not the later versions. GLWTS. Someone is going to be very happy with these.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10