Help Me Hook Up Deckzilla for Sound

I'm thinking either two or four larger Atrium speakers up top and my smaller Atrium A4s down below.....need to order speakers and cable tonight....thoughts? Also obsessing which end of the deck the speakers should be mounted on.....facing house or away from house?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    2 thoughts..... Do 2 large ported sub enclosures using 10's or 12's with each using the length of a single stud bay on the top....

Repeat for the bottom :smile:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    2 thoughts..... Do 2 large ported sub enclosures using 10's or 12's with each using the length of a single stud bay on the top....

that would be AWESOME!!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    You lost me with the sub idea....please explain
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    rooftop59 wrote: »

that would be AWESOME!!!!

My buddy did just that. He has some small bookshelf speakers mounted on his detached garage. On the other side of that garage is the pool. He did the following awesome things.

1. Mounted a short throw projector on that side under the roof overhand along with a 120" screen.
    2. Installed some small bookies on wallmounts for L/R
    3. Build sub boxes using 2 rafter bays of that same overhang area for 2 10" subs so he can have a really nice music system for his pool.
    4. Installed a Bluetooth receiver in the garage along with other stuff for playing music from the pool area
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    You lost me with the sub idea....please explain

Take one of your rafter bays and use it as the enclosure for a ported subwoofer. Like this only your using the rafter bay on the ceilings (in the top and bottom floor) as the box.

Here is a somewhat example that should help explain...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    I'm thinking either two or four larger Atrium speakers up top and my smaller Atrium A4s down below.....need to order speakers and cable tonight....thoughts? Also obsessing which end of the deck the speakers should be mounted on.....facing house or away from house?

close to the house, facing down and out a bit. Not to be picky, but dontcha think you need some more support posts on the outer side of that deck ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable