My ebay score !!!

Picked up an early Japan pressing of The Beatles Collection. EAS-50031-44 '' The Blue Box ''
Got it for $255. Still smiling ear to ear over this one. Still in original plastic from the store. Plastic is a bit weathered, but from 1979 I would be surprised if it wasn't. The box is like new, Not a rip, tear or shelf wear. All inserts and OBI like new. Vinyl is new and sounds absolutely stunning. Not a tic or pop on the whole set. Yaeh, I played them all.
Call me one happy camper over this one. Cheers

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 3,281
    Nice. Congrats !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 714
    Sweet grab!!! Break out the DAC and convert them so you only break out the vinyl for special occasions.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 512
    That is awesome. I would really enjoy getting my hands on that set.

I have researched the Mofi set. But when you find them unopened they are really expensive.

If I had the set I would play them and not worry about it.

Congrats on the great score.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables

Theater
    Yamaha RX-Z9, Legacy Focus SE (same as 2 Channel system), Def Tech C/L/R 2500, Def Tech BP-2X, Def Tech Pro-Monitors, Sharp Aquos 70"

Living Room
    Yamaha YSP-4100 digital sound projector, Sharp Aquos 60"

Office
    Teac NP-H750, Parasound Ztuner, Audio Engine P4N, Grado SR80, Grado iGrado, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, PC running High Rez files

• hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 4,851
    Nice work Chumlie!
    2 Channel
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold Cartridge
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500a
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,091
    Way to go Chumlie!
  • pumpkinmanpumpkinman Posts: 5,178
    Nice Chumlie
    g1xuqmny5bqo.giflcl4elf6ixn1.gifbywsgnjyds6f.gif
    lmivdewpnb28.jpg

Because I am The Pumpkinking

A Kind Word Is An Easy Gift To Give
  • chumliechumlie Posts: 8,185
    I was gonna say I listen to all my records. Why buy them otherwise. I stand corrected. Just picked up another Beatles vinyl box.'' Beatles Deluxe Box Set 1988 Capitol BBX1-01302 '' The one with the black finished oak box with roll-up opening. Records are all still sealed. Couldn't let it pass. This one I won't open. Not a doubt in my mind someone is gonna be happy when my kids off it when I'm gone. :)
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,045
    one simply cannot have too much Beatles (too many Beatles?)...
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 476
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    one simply cannot have too much Beatles (too many Beatles?)...

A copious compendium of Coleoptera?
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,385
    I gotta be the only person on the planet who hates The Beatles - they give me the friggin creeps - but I can appreciate a great acquisition like this - Fantastic! What a deal on a great collection.

Glad to read you're actually gonna listen to them!
    Gotta love the quality of older vinyl.