The Bermuda Triangle

DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,533
It exists. It is about 11'x11' and erniejade calls it his listening space.

I told him he needs a headphone rig. I'd quit trying if I had a room like this at RMAF.
audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
Cabling: Wireworld
TV: Sony XBR-75X940C

Comments

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,338
    Almost my HT at 11 x 12. Sounds right.
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,506
    11.5x11.5 at the moment. Sux. Only good thing about it is it has two open doorways on the same back wall allowing for less pressure build up. Some room treatments and I'm about as good as I can get in that room. Getting ready to move the rig to a bigger room.
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,495
    19x15, Just enough room to space the 1.2TL's properly. It's almost as if I planned it that way. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,533
    It's not just the dimensions. The room is absolutely confounding acoustically. He tells me even GIK got lost in the absurdity.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • erniejadeerniejade Posts: 3,748
    Bass suckout and then some! I am happy to say, it's not just me that thinks this now!
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200
    USB helpers: Intona, w4s Recovery

HT: Elite SC27, Full Polk RTI setup.

• tonybtonyb Posts: 27,621
    I keep telling Brian to take over the living room, let the girls have the small room to watch TV, play on their phones.

I think he may be better off sticking a kick arse system in the car, since he probably spends more time in that than the little room.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
    Skip got to see this strange room first hand!!! You can get bass, but then not top end or top end and no midrange or none of it and sound tinny. It is crazy. It is not just the room dimensions, the layout is like this: 1 wall to the garage, with the garage door entrance, wall 2 the back wall that goes to the next townhouse with cement behind it ( for fire, wall 3 where the equipment is has a 2+ foot 6 foot long cutout with bookshelves and 2 equipment racks built into it. The cutout backs the kitchen and the rest of that same wall ( 2 foot out) has a closet behind it. wall 4 has an open entrance of the room and 1/2 faces the hallway and the other 1/2 is outside with windows. So it's not the room size so much as whats behind every wall and that 6 foot hole that really messes with sound. About the only right config I tried in this room was a diamond shape, 1 speaker on the garage wall, 1 speaker on the back wall firing into the corner, chair in front of the entrance to the hallway. This config works well in this room but, not practical since you would have to move furniture to come in and out of the room.

Skip got to see how this struggle to get anything to sound remotely ok has been a struggle. He also agreed the KEF that I put in this room with built in DSP is a solid choice and because of the dsp, it helps with some of the rooms issues.

I also got to hear the Fiesole in 2 different rooms, mine and another room that has some issues but quickly overcame by flipping the room quick. ( the 2nd room that wasn't mine being the better of the 2 rooms) The Fiesole do wonderful on vocal, fast clean sounding speakers and the mastersound amp.

Skip was too chicken to pull out some MastersounD - PF100 Monoblocks for the trip but the 2 other mastersound units I heard on several different speakers sounded wonderful, well built and looked fantastic.
    Lumin D1, KEF LS50 Wireless, Cayin scd-50T, LH Labs VI Dac, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Jolida D9, HP I7 Laptop, Wireworld Eclipse 7, Wireworld Aurora, Wireworld Electra 7, Signal Magic Digital, Cardas Quadralink 5C, Velodyne SPL1200

• rpf65rpf65 Posts: 1,428
    Move!!!

Sell that abomination!!!

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,815
    I really was hoping to hear the ampino monoblocks on some of the HT Speakers there, but alas left before mentioning that...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,533
    We got to play with the Ampino Integrated and I think those who heard it were quite impressed. It's a lot of amp-ino for the din-ero.
    audiothesis.com/

The ampino did a great job. It has a wonderful sound and had good bass control on the speakers.

• PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,543
    If you think the Ampino is great, you should hear it's big brother. I think there's one for sale in the FM. Yeah, here it is: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/177719/dayens-menuetto#latest
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden