Want to buy Auralic Aries Mini

Looking to buy Auralic Aries Mini preferably in Black. I know there has to be one out there :)

Living Room
Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables

Comments

• Anyone?
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office

• sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    There is a demo one at Audio Advisor:

http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1ACARIESMI
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    edited October 2017
    Thanks, I just ordered it.
    Post edited by rburgess714 on
    Living Room

Office

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Good going Ray, looking forward to hearing your impressions.

For all the raves the Auralic stuff gets around here, I only just took a look after seeing your thread roll back up. I'm still enjoying the Squeezeboxii, and went that route mostly because I was already heavily invested, and at the time, it still seemed the best option to me for multi-system music play sync. Still haven't read too much, but the Mini looks like a robust device.

You got a good digital coax lined up?
    I see there's a market for linear power supply upgrades too.
    I disabled signatures.
  • mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    I just upgraded from the mini to the Aries step up model with femto clocks. I thought the mini did and admirable job streaming, but now that I’ve heard it’s big brother, there is a lot of room for improvement! The Aries is saaweeet! Night and day between the two.

The Aries mini is still a great value. Not knocking it.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• msg wrote: »
    Good going Ray, looking forward to hearing your impressions.

For all the raves the Auralic stuff gets around here, I only just took a look after seeing your thread roll back up. I'm still enjoying the Squeezeboxii, and went that route mostly because I was already heavily invested, and at the time, it still seemed the best option to me for multi-system music play sync. Still haven't read too much, but the Mini looks like a robust device.

You got a good digital coax lined up?
    I see there's a market for linear power supply upgrades too.

Hey Scott,
    I am excited to get my ears on it, seems alot of folks are still using the SB. For me this seems to be the easy button and at a decent price.

I have an old monster digi coax I was going going to start with and may look into power supplies later.
    Living Room

Office

• rburgess714
    rburgess714 Posts: 614
    edited October 2017
    DSkip wrote: »
    We talked about that but the Aries is just a bit outside of budget and lacks the built-in DAC. I actually think the Altair would be a stellar product for him but I'm not sure the Signatures would denote the difference between any of these models honestly. Great speakers but not the most revealing - no offense meant Mr. B.

I ran out of contacts for the Mini so I can't help on tracking one down. However, if you decide to go with the linear PSU, I should be able to help with that.

I think this is a good piece for me at my stage in this hobby. No offense taken, I like my rig and 60s thus far :)
    Living Room

Office

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I have Mini/dac and have a 1TB SSD inside with all my music so No PC needed for me :) and its portable. I am totally happy with the sound for now. No plans to upgrade anytime soon.

Enjoy the mini I think you will be happy!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    I like your setup, D.

Ray, hurry up.
    I disabled signatures.

• Mini is set up and connected via coax, have not had time to test with rca or toslink. Set up was easy, the lightning ds app that is the controller is well thought out and intuitive. More and most important is how good this little black box sounds. I am still fiddling with some of the modes and settings but am really stoked on this unit.

Living Room

Office