Symphony Orchestra on a Sunday Afternoon

Options
halo
halo Posts: 5,616
Hey all,

My wife and I are at the Skokie Valley Symphony Orhestra’s opening performance for the season.

It’s intermission right now.

My wife is a classically trainee musician and I’m just a person that enjoys good music.

I am absolutely amazed at how beautiful this presentation of classical pieces is. Very involving, very moving, so many pieces working on their own to add subtle nuances yet all coming together to weave together intricate layers upon layers that make up a live performance.

Not surprisingly, there is no sibilance, no bloated or flabby bass. The violins seem to be the stars of the show (there are so many of them) but every musical instrument plays its part in what is simply beautiful music presented in its purest form.

I highly suggest an encourage you to take in a live performance and to support your local arts community. These are very talented individuals.
Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10

Comments

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I've enjoyed the Charlotte Symphony on a few ocassions. Good stuff.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    Options
    I haven't seen the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra in quite a number of years. I think the last show I saw was the "Lord of the Rings" symphony. Obviously, it was music from the LotR Trilogy and was AMAZING!

I'll have to check out the BSO's website.
    No excuses!
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    Options
    I love your descriptive narrative!
    halo wrote: »
    every musical instrument plays its part in what is simply beautiful music presented in its purest form.

We, as a culture, have largely lost touch with the fact that, only slightly more than a short century ago, if you wanted to hear music it had to be live.

Enjoy!

-Mike

• warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    Hey all,

My wife and I are at the Skokie Valley Symphony Orhestra’s opening performance for the season.

It’s intermission right now.

My wife is a classically trainee musician and I’m just a person that enjoys good music.

I am absolutely amazed at how beautiful this presentation of classical pieces is. Very involving, very moving, so many pieces working on their own to add subtle nuances yet all coming together to weave together intricate layers upon layers that make up a live performance.

Not surprisingly, there is no sibilance, no bloated or flabby bass. The violins seem to be the stars of the show (there are so many of them) but every musical instrument plays its part in what is simply beautiful music presented in its purest form.

I highly suggest an encourage you to take in a live performance and to support your local arts community. These are very talented individuals.
    When a musician has achieved the ability to play classical music, the all other venues are a piece of cake..
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren