Infinity Kappa speakers.

Options
Any opinions on Kappa's ? I was looking at 8's and 9's,but haven't heard them yet. Just asking before I commit.

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,042
    Options
    Fantastic, just make sure you have an amp that can push them.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,326
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If you can get the Kappa 9 with good polydome drivers, jump on them - anything under $1,200 or so for a set in good shape is a bargain.

The impedance curve on the bass drivers is pretty demanding on your amp. There is a significant part of the frequency range that is below 2ohms, so make sure you have a stout amp, that's stable at that impedance. Biamping is highly recommended.

I have a set that I use often, and they sound fabulous - especially on vocals. They were my go-to speakers all the way up to the point I acquired the Legacy Focus 20/30 pair.
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,983
    Options
    I have some Kappa 8’s which I’m told are much easier to drive than 9’s. Also have some RSIIIb’s.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    I've heard 2 pair.
    Both being driven by Adcom amps.
    Those big Kappa's sounded BEAUTIFUL !!! The bigger the better. But heed what the others have said. You need a great amp to match .
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.