Soooooo -- anyone know anything about "James Model Six" subwoofer amplifier(s)?

mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,087
A pair of them followed me home from NEAR-Fest today. Both guaranteed not to work :) but the price was right.

One pops the mains fuse, the other doesn't but is reputed 'not to pass signal'. Both have been... fiddled with :/

I figure the most likely thing to do is reuse the enclosure (of one), and maybe the p/s (beefy toroidal PT -- dunno the secondary voltage... yet), perhaps to house a generic modern subwoofer amp board...

but, if there were any hope of resurrecting one of them, I figured it was worth at least asking about them.

They certainly looks simple but purposeful.

Thanks!

borrowed photos...

ahphdzfbz4sv.png
xnq0ogldo9tz.png

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,815
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,506
    If he's gone through 5 models and still hasn't gotten it right...
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,087
    -- some photos of the innards of one that hasn't been molested could be helpful :)
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum