• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    edited October 2017
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    dromunds wrote: »
    morally challenged is an oxymoron.

If that's like oxycotin i want some if that :p

Insky!

And the nerve of Ryan!! Buying those speakers out from under me. Dirty dog.

Shut up, Kerry....
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Drugs are bad.....mkay...
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,475
    deronb1 wrote: »
    Drugs are bad.....mkay...

Shut up Deron B)
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,206
    Russ, you weren't even going to sniff those speakers. They weren't getting past me. :) I do agree with you about Ryan, though. ;)
  • lightman1
    daboyz wrote: »
    Russ, you weren't even going to sniff those speakers. They weren't getting past me. :) I do agree with you about Ryan, though. ;)

I have sniffed them, Dave. They smell like flowers and maple syrup.
    Sound good, too!
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I heard hints of chocolate and lavender also. Maybe undertones of pine cone.
  • lightman1
    dromunds wrote: »
    I heard hints of chocolate and lavender also. Maybe undertones of pine cone.

Seasonal, Mr. D.......I was there in the winter. The flower scent was made from select annuals that were dried into a potpourri and wrapped around the terminals. The maple syrup was, I suspect, from tiny toddler hands shuckin' and jivin' with Daddy during a loft jam session after a breakfast of pancakes and waffles.
    YMMV.....
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited October 2017
    Update the list with prices and to reflect whats still around for you to buy. These items have all been listed elsewhere in an effort to move them faster. If your interested in any of these let me know, I may be able to wheel and deal a little depending on the item
    Usher V601's SOLD TO ZLTFUL
    22" Sanus Ultimate Foundation stands w spikes ($175):
    Outlaw Audio LFM-1 w Auralex Gramma isolation pad ($200 OBO):
    Wii w accessories ($50 OBO):
    Salamander Synergy 303 w Black Rails in Cherry (250):
    LSi 5 channel system (LSi 15 (db modded), LSiC, LSi F/x) (1200 OBO) - see other thread

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    More pics of the Salamander

d82ehu3xw7fa.jpeg
    u00m8kzejikr.jpeg
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    FYI for you Chicago guys, had to slight emergency on Saturday so I had to leave the meet early.

@erniejade & @dskip were nice enough to grab the Outlaw, Salamander and Sanus stands for me, so they are at Ernies in Chicagoland.

If you want them, they will be there all week, and I will be picking them up again either on Friday afternoon (and taking them with me to Iowa) or Saturday morning (on my way back to Indy from Iowa).

Feel free to tag anyone in that area along my route or close to it... I did :wink: ...

@ALL212, @newrival, @gudnoyez, @ZLTFUL, @halo71, @hochpt21, @tonyb
  • ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    Don't go past Rockford without discussing with me the benefits of the ownership of the Salamander.
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2017
    ALL212 wrote: »
    Don't go past Rockford without discussing with me the benefits of the ownership of the Salamander.

tenor.gif?itemid=9137283

I'm going up 65N to 80W per google....

• ALL212
    ALL212 Posts: 1,553
    you'll cross 39 on 80 - a bit over an hour from here.

Given the right set of circumstances I could meet you somewhere in that vicinity.

Is this thing disassembled?
    Sry Johnny 5, I can't take you assembled...
    16y8niatilt8.png
    Aaron
    Enabler Extraordinaire
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2017
    ALL212 wrote: »
    you'll cross 39 on 80 - a bit over an hour from here.

Given the right set of circumstances I could meet you somewhere in that vicinity.

Is this thing disassembled?
    Sry Johnny 5, I can't take you assembled...
    16y8niatilt8.png

Not sure, it was assembled when I left it at Mikes but think @erniejade took it apart for transport.

Also since it’s sitting at his house in Bolingbrook, IL, which isn’t that far a drive during the week, weekend as your and his schedule dictates, I’m sure something could be arranged lol.

I will shoot you a PM and we can go from there.
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2017
    Salamander SOLD to @ALL212 thanks to assists by @erniejade and @daboyz. List updated to show whats left.
    Salamander Synergy 303 w Black Rails in Cherry SOLD TO ALL212:

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,288
    The outlaw is a solid sub. it sounds darn good also! Crazy good especially for this price with an isolation pad!
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    :smile:

I've yet to be able to blend a sub as easily with ANYTHING as with the Outlaw. Ushers, B&W, Polk, no problem and it doesn't call attention to itself. It does just what Johns REL does (just not as well, or in a room as big), you think its not there, then you unplug it and you go "WOW, ok, it IS doing a lot of lifting".

And as Skip saw at the GTG in Chicago, it paired with a set of Quarks, which are about the smallest bookshelves (if you can even call them that) I've ever seen. Heck the "Driver" is only 3" :mrgreen:, and you'd never know that when we hooked up the sub.

I think EVERYONE was impressed with that pairing.
  • erniejade
    If anyone wants the sub or speaker stands, right now they are in Bolingbrook Illinois instead of Indi if helps out with location.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • EndersShadow
    Sub pending sale..

Somebody in IL wants those speaker stands :smile:
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2017
    Sub sold to a CL buyer, list updated to show whats left.
    Salamander Synergy 303 w Black Rails in Cherry SOLD TO ALL212:

• EndersShadow

Speaker stands now 125....
  • erniejade
    I have seen the stands in person. Solidly built and look nice
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited November 2017

Why couldn't you have been a much taller human being? I need 28-30" stands. Damn you! I would have had to add a wood shelf to the top of those to fit larger bookshelf speakers. But it wouldn't have been a six inch thick block of wood.
  • EndersShadow
    Hermitism wrote: »

Why couldn't you have been a much taller human being? I need 28-30" stands. Damn you! I would have had to add a wood shelf to the top of those to fit larger bookshelf speakers. But it wouldn't have been a six inch thick block of wood.

I thought of tountesterday but figured these were too short for you.

If you added a plinth and then a wood shelf you could get there lol...
  • Hermitism
    I thought of you yesterday but figured these were too short for you.

If you added a plinth and then a wood shelf you could get there lol...
    Was your wife thinking of me yesterday, too?

I'm so disappointed right now. Went to all the trouble to set up the 706 for the center and found it to be a complete disappointment. My RTi's aren't going anywhere for movies. That lack of treble in both the 703 and 706 for movies is just something I can't live with. For music it's the LSiM all the way. I made it 30 minutes into a movie and out they came. That's just not what things sound like in real life.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    That AVR has a number of adjustments to boost the treble if need be.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    I know, but with the MSRP of these speakers, I wouldn't have thought I'd have to. I was just really wanting to have one of those "Oh wow" moments. I did not. You know how you guys refer to some speakers as sounding laid-back? That's exactly how I'd describe these. Great for music, movies...not so much, for my taste. When I go spend $15 at the theater to watch a movie, I'm not looking to have a laid-back experience unless I'm watching an adult movie. I thought I'd be taking a leap forward, which I did by leaps and bounds for music, but feel like I took a step backwards for HT.

When I box and store the 706, any issues with storing it vertically? No issues with the weight of the speaker crushing the side? Honestly, if I had paid a dollar more for the center, it would be going up for sale tomorrow. I can keep it, and eventually build a second system geared more towards music, then maybe use the center to watch a tv show or background music. I know you guys are going to destroy me for saying that.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Every set of speakers needs to be calibrated/adusted in a HT rig. I mean, you can plug and play, but you'll never get the best results.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    I was disappointed with my LSiM’s until a lengthy break-in period now very happy. Dont jump the gun