Dollar store

tonyb
tonyb Posts: 32,902
They may be called something else in your neck of the woods, but mine...it's simply called "the Dollar store", and for good reason because everything is a dollar.

I buy my reading glasses there, cheap, because I lose them or break them all the time. The other day I go in there, grab 2 pairs and scurry over to the register. I'm like 4th in line, and about 4 more people got in line behind me, place was packed for some reason. Lady in front me, early 30's with like a 10 year old daughter, has about 20 bottles of nail polish.

She gets up to the register, cashier is ringing it all up, and I hear her arguing with the cashier over price. WTF ? It's the dollar store, what's there to argue about, everything is a dollar. Right ?

Apparently, a few bottles had a ripped label and she wanted a further discount. Steam is starting to come out my ears....give the lady the dollar, here....take mine so we can all get on with our day. It's the frickin' dollar store lady, it's already been discounted....NOW GIVE THE CASHIER THE DOLLAR !!!

Then she decides to write a check......ever see an Italian do a double face palm in the Dollar store ? What the heck is wrong with people ?
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    It's a definite red flag when someone asks for a price check at the dollar store. :p I'm so fed up with this type of nonsense, I buy everything except groceries and toilet paper online. As far as my nail polish, I'm going to keep that a secret. :o
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    They have bags of cement on isle three. I'm certain she would look lovely in some cement heels and matching purse.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Well, what type customer do you expect @ the dollar store.

Oh wait, Tony is there ;)
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    I put on a tux to go put gas in my rusty 1976 Pinto.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    I usually get behind the lady at the grocery store that after her overflowing shopping cart is completely rung up, has to dig into her purse to find the checkbook, and take exactly 5 minutes and 23 seconds to write it.

Why she can't figure out that she is going to write a check, know which store she is in, look at her phone for the date, and remember what her current name is while the cashier is ringing her order up is beyond any reason that my limited brain capacity can conjure.

Although I firmly believe that she is related to the guy who takes 5 minutes to figure out what to order at the nearest chicken shack, where the choices is various chicken pieces or tenders.
  • Gotta love people. Certainly some odd ones out there. Of course they probably think the same thing about me.
    iw1yxgv6d4bi.jpeg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ...ever see an Italian do a double face palm in the Dollar store ?
    Signature line material right there, folks.

Oh, and a free fashion tip -- a tuxedo at WalMart is only appropriate and acceptable after 6PM. ... and, please, please -- don't wear white after Labor Day.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,199
    edited October 2017
    Actual surveillance footage of TonyB after a pleasant trip to the Dollar Store

https://gfycat.com/ImmaculateRequiredAntelopegroundsquirrel.
    Sal Palooza
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Asking for a discount at the Dollar store is like asking for a discount price at a church bazaar . My wife and I hate to hear people at these sales ask that. It's like saying " Jesus, can you cut me a break ? " We almost always give a little more at the church bazaars. Maybe always.

The best audio deal I think I've EVER gotten was just bought a month or so ago. A huge church's speaker sound system off of Craig's List. GOD wanted me to have it I guess. JBL Pro speakers. Older but NICE !
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Our local original Dollar type store was "Grandpa Pidgeon".

qb0vkxtmejbu.jpg

Started out small, had a good business model, and grew.

n4t62ef6du3s.jpg

That was the store on the Rock Road, up the road from the Olympic Drive-In. You know, the real good one. :)

A cross between Walmart (without the annoying people) and Target.

Sal Palooza
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Frustrating..but ya gotta watch what you say to people in those check out lines...some loony might pull a piece and let the wind out of ya...it's happened here!..
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,438
    edited October 2017
    I went to the Dollar Store awhile back. Got 3 items & put it on the counter. She said 6dollars & tax. All i could say was "i dont understand-there is only 3 items" we both laughed & she corrected it. Made us :)
    Randy/Maine
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    boston1450 wrote: »
    I went to the Dollar Store awhile back. Got 3 items & put it on the counter. She said 6dollars & tax. All i could say was "i dont understand-there is only 3 items" we both laughed & she corrected it. Made us :)

Great to see some posts from you here again, sir!