Legacy Focus 20/20 and Butler 2250 amp

124»

Comments

• hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 4,852
    I can sell you some Greg Straley reality cables that I got from @tonyb that are too short for my current setup. They were the best cables I've tried so far.

Not sure if he used them in his main system or not before he sold them to me.

If you wanted to you could ask him about them in that system and send me a PM if you are interested.
    2 Channel
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold Cartridge
    Phono Stage - PS Audio GCPH
    Preamplifier - Dared SL-2000A
    Amplifier - Parasound HCA-1500a
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,606
    vmoreno74 wrote: »
    Thank you for the info Tony. Are you using a specific brand of speaker cable?

I use Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables and AZ Matrix 2 interconnects to the amp. I've found this to be a very good fit for these speakers.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,870
    DSkip wrote: »
    He's a monoprice kind of guy.

Them's fightin werds eh!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
    nbrowser wrote: »

Them's fightin werds eh!

Indeed they are...lol, anyone who knows me knows my distain for Monoprice.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,018
    tonyb wrote: »
    nbrowser wrote: »

Them's fightin werds eh!

Indeed they are...lol, anyone who knows me knows my distain for Monoprice.

Would you purchase stock in the company?
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • vmoreno74vmoreno74 Posts: 16
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the cable info. I sent you a PM.

Hoping the system allowed my account to deliver it to your inbox.

Thanks!
    Speakers sold and delivered this morning. Thanks to vmoreno74 for a clean no hassle transaction. Take care of my babies. :)
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,664
    Well congrats on the sale @tonyb. Hope things are looking up for you very soon.
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • I will Tony! Thanks for the help loading them into my car. You are indeed a great guy!

Forgot to ask, did you use any specific product to clean the wood or a towel and water was enough?

Thanks again!
    You can use any furniture polish but not the ones with heavy chemicals. Usually the better products are safer. Lemon oil makes them shine but it isn't the best for the finish. Just a damp rag around the drivers to keep dust off.

Did your wife crap her pants when she saw them ?
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
    I should rephrase that, normally if a cleaner/polish is good for fine furniture, it should be ok for speakers. I used weinmans once in a while. I also never kept them in direct sunlight. If you let sun light hit them daily you'll definitely start seeing fading on the finish.

I also had rules, for the wife....nothing goes on top of the speakers. Women love to put stuff on open spaces, flowers/pictures/etc. No drinks, no kids throwing toys around are allowed in the same room. Nobody was allowed to control the volume dial either but myself. You have to be able to recognize when your putting stress on speakers. These can fool you as with the right associated gear they will play loud and clear without fatigue.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    PS Audio Quintet
  • Thanks for the advice Tony! My wife was indeed surprised about the size but also intrigued about the sound.
    We had to visit some friends this weekend, so I am starting the cleaning tonight.

Thanks again and wish you recover from your adverse situation as soon as possible.
124»