Speaker upgrade to Golden Ear Triton One

Options
sgmsmg
sgmsmg Posts: 542
edited October 2017 in Speakers
Came across a great deal on some Golden Ear Triton Ones I couldn't resist. Haven't had the time to fully set them up but so far I am really happy with my purchase. The tweeters seem much smoother than the LSI15's. Another great feature is these have excellent bass and I no longer have to use a subwoofer in my 2 channel setup. These speakers definitely aren't much too look at but I think they were a great upgrade especially for the deal I got.

Here is the only picture I have. Sorry it is just a quick cell phone picture.

mbeb6mxz6ud0.jpg
2 Channel
Pre:Bryston BP173
Amp:Bryston 14B3
Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
Display: Sony XBR85Z9G

Comments

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,367
    Options
    Very impressive looking setup!
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    Emlyn wrote: »
    Very impressive looking setup!

Thanks!
    2 Channel
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI

Home Theater
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a cell phone pic. Looks great. Keep us posted on your impressions once you've spent some time with them. Still looking to learn how they compare to the LSiM series. Congrats. Everyone loves a great deal.
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Congrats! Glad you got the big ones... :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Congrats ! I've read nothing but praise for all their models. I can't wait to hear a set some day. I have the original ESS AMT1B's with the BIG Heil and quite frankly, that mechanism is one of the clearest sounds for mids and highs I've ever heard ! My wife married me for the ESS's...no lie..LOL.

I've heard the designers' Def. Tech. BP10B's here , twice , and they were phenomenal ! I hated to sell em...

Do you have enough ventilation for your components though ?
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • sgmsmg
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Can't really compare them to the LSIM's as I have never heard or owned a pair. Unfortunately I can't directly compare them to my LSi15's because I have to use different speakers cables.

I know it looks like there isn't much space around the components in my rack but it is wide open and nothing ever even get really warm to the touch. Even the A21 stays pretty cool. The volume never goes past 9 o'clock.

Initial observations are that the tweeters in these seem smoother if that is an appropriate way to classify the sound. The obvious difference is the bass response. I still need to put the spikes on the Tritons and get a real set of speaker cables before I can really evaluate them.
    2 Channel

Home Theater