Letter of praise to Polk for TSi100 speakers

Hey guys, thought you might be interested in seeing this exchange I had with Polk Audio customer support today. I sent them an email with a letter praising my Polk TSi100 speakers, and they replied.

Would be curious to hear your thoughts on the topics I brought up in my note, as well as the response.

Cheers!

"Hello,

The LSiM series is our flagship, best speaker options we have. They will definitely be a night and day different from the TSi series speakers. Being a premium speaker, they will be more power hungry, wanting more power from your amplifier or receiver to really open up and perform. (less wattage is like keeping your Ferrari in first gear, it will work and perform, but has a lot more potential). If you are happy with our TSi100, you should be blown away with the LSiM line.

Sent: Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:23 PM
To: POLK Customer Service <polkcs@soundunited.com>
Subject: Praise for Polk TSi100 speakers

Hello,

I'd like to express how completely satisfied I am with your excellent TSi100 speakers. I purchased these speakers back on July 2nd of 2012 on Amazon for $160, and they've been absolutely phenomenal. Every time I listen to music on them, I can't believe that such good sounding speakers cost me such little money. The price to performance ratio is literally off the charts. I have them being powered and fed from some pretty expensive nice components, sources, and cables - and they fit right in.

Additionally, right after I purchased them I discovered the Polk Audio forums, where I learned a great deal of information as well as made new friends who helped me along my journey into high end audio. Their positive attitude, passion for Polk Audio as well as music in general, and friendly welcoming vibe was very appreciated. I hope the Polk forums continue to be an active part of the community.

Of course like most enthusiasts, I am continually researching other products and seeing what's out there that might be "better". I've been eyeing the LSiM703 speakers for some time, as they seem to be the the pinnacle or flagship bookshelf speaker from Polk. However, I keep wondering to myself "How can they be any better than these fantastic TSi100 speakers? Surely they can't sound THAT much better can they?". Is there really a night and day difference?

So, I've held off. Maybe something will change or you can convince me that they are worth upgrading to, but I think for now I'm still in love with my TSi100s! Thanks so much for making products with great value. I have, and will continue to recommend your speakers to friends and family.

Best Regards,
Clipdat"

Comments

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Glad your happy with the speakers you have. My advice to your wallet is to keep enjoying them.

With that said, I'll have to agree with the Polk rep that responded to your letter. I originally had the RTI A5's as the front to of my duel purpose rig, and after a few upgrades, was quite happy with them. At that point in time, I wasn't able to listen to the LSI M series speakers.

Happened to work in somebody's house who had the 703's, and after we got to talking, he let me hear them. After about a year, Polk decided to hold a friend and family sale, and well I now have LSI M705/706C as my front three.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited October 2017
    Your question seems to be if the LSiM speakers are a vast improvement over what you have. The short answer is yes.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Hah, yeah, I just find a lot of enjoyment from them despite how cheap and "low end" they are. Nice job taking advantage of the friends and family sale, I know I had been close to buying the 703s when I got those emails.
    rpf65 wrote: »
    Glad your happy with the speakers you have. My advice to your wallet is to keep enjoying them.

Polk decided to hold a friend and family sale, and well I now have LSI M705/706C as my front three.

Thanks for your reply. Would it still be a vast improvement if I don't listen at louder volumes? My NAD C316BEE does 40w/channel at 8ohms and I'm probably not ever approaching it's limit.

Would the NAD still drive the 703s adequately? The rep mentioned potential additional power requirements.
    F1nut wrote: »
    Your question seems to be if the LSiM speakers are a vast improvement over what you have. The short answer is yes.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    They would seriously benefit from more power.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Even if I'm only listening at low to moderate volume levels?
    F1nut wrote: »
    They would seriously benefit from more power.

• nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    Yes, the extra headroom is one of the critical factors to getting the full potential of the speakers. I only paid $470 or so from Adorama for 703s on sale... Still have yet to hook them up. lol
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD