I don't much talk to folks in real life...

Options
2»

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    "There were other lonely singers in a world turned deaf and blind
    who were crucified for what they tried to show, and their voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time, because the truth remains that no one wants to know"
    -K.K.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    Not that I necessarily need to deal to toxic people... I have to stop now.

Well we on the forum are toxic to the wallet....

Had to put that in there. Sorry you are going through this. I think a lot of us can understand where you are coming from.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    The thing where they scoot their b.u.t.t.z on the carpet, though, I can live without that.

...... I'm talking about some of my friends. My dogs have never done that.

Now that there is funny....we have to share a bar stool one of these days my friend. Well, not A as in singular....you know what I mean. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,272
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've been loved and put aside
    I've been crushed by tumbling tide
    And my soul has been psychedelicized
    Now the time has come
    There are things to realize
    Time has come today
    Time has come today

Words of wisdom by psychologist, poet, and temptress Dr. Joyce Brothers who's sons, inspired by her lyrics, went on to a musical career in the 60's.
    It's not widely known of her influence on music during that period.

57oyeya0lun0.jpg

Yep, more words of wisdom that would be helpful to our OP. :)

Sal Palooza
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Now that there is funny....we have to share a bar stool one of these days my friend. Well, not A as in singular....you know what I mean. ;)

Last Tuesday, I had the pleasure of attempting to finalize some financial dealings with a former associate, with the emphasis on "attempt".

Let me put it this way: Afterburnt, you may have very well dodged a .... (can't say bullet on here) ..... beach ball. :)

Yes, Tonyb, if I can ever finalize my financial connections with my former associate, I'll take you up on that offer as long as the bartender doesn't also mistake me for a member of the Rockefeller clan. :o

Sal Palooza
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Hey! I'll be in Iowa next week. Beers in Rockford!
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    warren wrote: »
    Who do you talk to???

My dog, and for good reason. He's loyal, he listens, and he never talks back or says anything stupid :smile:
    Not even a woof? Dogs are cool, does the dog share your music? Some do...

He's usually nestled in a couple blankets for those late night listening sessions. And yeah he woofs at me, I guess he talks back a little bit.
    warren wrote: »
    Who do you talk to???

My dog, and for good reason. He's loyal, he listens, and he never talks back or says anything stupid :smile:
    Not even a woof? Dogs are cool, does the dog share your music? Some do...

He's usually nestled in a couple blankets for those late night listening sessions. And yeah he woofs at me, I guess he talks back a little bit.
    That’s a good companion...
    Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith is a terrible, terrible movie.......that I am about to watch in full for the umpteenth time.

Bleh
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Which one is that? I am terrible with names.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,460
    Options
    I used to be a people person, but people fixed that for me...
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    Nothing fun about saying goodbye (usually) I'm sorry to hear that. But I'm a bit of a well known hermit myself around my small circles, well, really the wifes circles LOL where I'm known as "phantom Ed". I have a few (just a few) friends, but I keep my peopling to a minimum, i get my fill at work, all day long, and it sucks the joy out most superficial conversation outside of it.
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Thanks, folks, just checking in to say thanks.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hope you're OK Bruce

Seems to be the Season of not much joy for several Polkies

Bad bug of BS going around
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,472
    Options
    Hang in there.. It gets much easier/better as you get Yourself healthy. Time is the key. We "were" made to survive & take care of ourselves - on our own.... I got seperated Sept 2016 after 24 years & divorced April 2017 over 1 year ago to the woman i loved & thought id be with her forever. Since then i have changed in so many ways. For me-Not for her. Im enjoying myself. If i wanted a girlfriend-wife i could easily even at 53+ y/o but im all good there. Kinda nice to come n go & my wallet always has money in it & nobody bytchs if i buy something :) i was pleased to get rid of all her stuff & send back to her through my daughter. Make changes that better you & try not to focus on past. Maybe someone special will notice that about you & it could be a healthier new beginning for you. Good luck
    Randy/Maine
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    Options
    boston1450 wrote: »
    Hang in there.. It gets much easier/better as you get Yourself healthy. Time is the key. We "were" made to survive & take care of ourselves - on our own.... I got seperated Sept 2016 after 24 years & divorced April 2017 over 1 year ago to the woman i loved & thought id be with her forever. Since then i have changed in so many ways. For me-Not for her. Im enjoying myself. If i wanted a girlfriend-wife i could easily even at 53+ y/o but im all good there. Kinda nice to come n go & my wallet always has money in it & nobody bytchs if i buy something :) i was pleased to get rid of all her stuff & send back to her through my daughter. Make changes that better you & try not to focus on past. Maybe someone special will notice that about you & it could be a healthier new beginning for you. Good luck

Well sad to say I'm in the same boat after 28yrs. Mine is being dragged out like you have never seen by her costing me a fortune. I'll be glad when it is done. Never knew we are so close in age Randy.
    Good on you.
    Good luck Bruce

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As long as you have 2 good hands, don't rush into another relationship.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    If you feeling a little down in the dumps, a bacon cheeseburger and a beer will usually cheer you up. At least it cheers me up.

If your feeling exceptionally sad, pay a visit to your local Walmart. Within 5 minutes you should see enough people to brighten your spirits. Trust me, the Internet isn't no where near a live preformance.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    Options
    gce wrote: »

That's me, sans the booze.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!