My Joni Mitchell collection is almost complete...

I am weird maybe, probably. I hope she doesn't turn up dead. I guess I love it because she is all over the place al la Zappa? Any other fanatical fans like me????
Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,045
    edited October 5
    She's had pretty profound health issues in the last few years. Indeed, last I knew, she wasn't doing well at all. Just sayin'. :(

I am not a completist of Ms Roberta Joan Anderson Mitchell's work, so I am not expert on the topic, but her discography's relatively sparse, isn't it? I mean, compared, say, to Frank Zappa's :/

qxb4mm51cpxy.png

xnsuqnbhfa4w.png
    scpzdblt963o.png

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• Viking64Viking64 Posts: 476
    I've always gotten Joni Mitchell confused with Carole King and Carly Simon. Then again, I used to get James Woods confused with Christopher Walken and Billy Joel confused with James Taylor.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 4,675
    I have a pretty good collection of her music now, but you know that ;)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 6,091
    Just saw a DVD called Woman of Heart And Mind. Very good and some fantastic bonus tracks
  • msgmsg Posts: 3,385
    Closest I've come to Joni Mitchell at this point is when Kevn Kinney mentions her in McDougall Blues. Maybe I'll just go to San Francisco and be a beat poet.
    msg wrote: »
    Closest I've come to Joni Mitchell at this point is when Kevn Kinney mentions her in McDougall Blues. Maybe I'll just go to San Francisco and be a beat poet.

umm -- I'm not quite sure how to interpret this :expressionless:

Joni at her best is -- awfully darned good.

Try that Hits album sometime -- it's a great way to taste test her (so to speak).
    By and large, it sounds really good, too.

... or go for Baroque ;) and dive headlong into her Meisterstück:

fa9u47uta2vy.png
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• msgmsg Posts: 3,385
    Just a bit of a joke; she's on my list. I'll check that Hits album.
    I like Kevn Kinney, and from what he says, seems like she'd be someone to hang out with, so...
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,023
    Let's not forget this one (one of my favorites):
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
    Ur-Joni, from 1966!

Yeah, same song that I posted before -- but it's a great song, and oh so seasonally-appropriate :|

• afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,361
    Maybe complete, I just got "Shine" I think that is her last. I am not lookining for the compilations. I really love her work, she has something that I have always loved. Now I am working on Miles Davis but not on purpose. I'll be dead before I collect all of his records Lol. 12 and 50? To go?
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.