Cary slp05 with nice tubes

Options
Just listing here to give a better price. No longer listening to my Logan's right now so thought I would sell this rather than it sitting idle. Will sell here to a long standing member with a high post count first. Polkie price is $3100 before pp fees and ..."cringe!" ...... Shipping! Pics to follow soon but it's on eBay if you want to look. There is some dinga ding ding on the silk screen top plate and can be replaced from Cary for less than the price of a decent pair of shoes. Tubes in this are about $900 ?

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,093
    Options
    Might I suggest a third party do the packaging, and provide photo documentation as proof it was done correctly. Then have the buyer approve said packaging before it is shipped.

I would also suggest sending the package via an UBER driver rather than the orangutans at FedEx or the OOPS gorillas.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    PFB -

Can you tell us about the tubes? What kind?

How old is the unit? Any idea how many hours are on the preamp and tubes?

Have you noticed any low level noise in the unit when idle?

thanks
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables