Gen 1 SRS xover rebuild question

Options
Guys,
A shout out to all you pros. I am in the middle of a rebuild of the crossovers on my SRS. Just making sure that we are eliminating the two bypass caps and jumping them.

8akw7xx0vngc.jpg
Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Just remove and leave the holes blank.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• crashb4
    crashb4 Posts: 222
    Options
    Thank you sir. Much appreciated.
    Schiit Freya+, Krell KAV-250a, R-Pi network streamer, 8Tb NAS, Thorens TD-145 MKIII with Ortofon 2M red, Polk: Monitor-10B, SDA-1A, SDA-SRS
  • crashb4
    Options
    Just a daughter board for the 130s and it's off to the races. A little a/b comparison old to new and we'll see how it sounds.
    Next will be inductors.

a8isnsy360ew.jpg
  • crashb4
    Options
    The laboratory.

7s4fdwgpcoup.jpg
  • F1nut
    Options
    Just a tip, Solen is not a good choice for the high frequency circuit.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• crashb4
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just a tip, Solen is not a good choice for the high frequency circuit.

Funny story about that. I just bought my house this spring and have done remodels on the kitchen and one of the baths. I told the wife that i would put off the crossovers until everything was done. In the meantime, I had Darknight's SRS rebuild thread open on my laptop and my wife got the component values and supplier list from his thread. I came home tonight to a mystery box on my chair. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I intended to use different caps. I will replace the high pass caps on the sly. She will never know the difference.
  • F1nut
    Options
    LOL.....you're a smart man.

President of Club Polk

• crashb4
    Options
    And she's a good woman. Surprised the hell outa' me.
  • F1nut
    Options
    Yep, you've got a good one.

President of Club Polk