Rotel RB-980BX Amplifier

Options
I wasn't going to list this here since I initially put it on local CL, but maybe someone can use it. It's a pretty solid amp. It's not pristine, but certainly not bad... The only real thing I can find with it is one of the red binding posts was replaced prior to when I got it. It's slightly different, but performs as it should.

Basic specs:
  • 220 Watts/channel in 4 ohms
  • 120 Watts/channel in 8 ohms
  • 360 Watts (Bridged/Mono)

I don't have pictures on this computer but will try to add some later.

I'd like to get $200 net (local pickup), but I'll cap it at $215 shipped CONUS. Reasonable offers considered.

Comments

• scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    Pictures and price reduction - $200 shipped to CONUS...

ftr4a59uazjh.jpg

n6hn5kqdk90q.jpg

drbadkoewkjj.jpg

6n6pnhp91lva.jpg

lrpo12mzwrnq.jpg

zl17t2yghgw9.jpg

ewbnf4bci8o1.jpg
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,958
    Options
    Hey....one of the binding posts is different....just kidding!!
    PM coming
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I have one and it is a good amp, especially for the money. This is your huckleberry if you need an amp to drive front speakers or you just want to venture into 2 channel and you are on a budget.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    And local is ? :)
    Sal Palooza
  • scubalab
    Options
    Good eyes kev! ;) Didn't get a PM...

It's a lot cleaner than it looks in the pictures - I took those a while ago with a flash, and it picked up every speck of dust, LOL.

My first amp in my HT was a Rotel RMB-1075. Rotel makes nice stuff for the money - very neutral sounding to a little on the warm side. I'd keep this amp, but don't really have a need for it anymore.

Hmmm... I did forget to put location, mbbl! I'm smack dab in the Center of Pennsylvania, near State College / Penn State University. I'll do $180 local pickup.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Still available. :)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    The Rotel RB-980BX was my very first stand-alone amp. Heck of a good guy to do business with here folks! GLWTS!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • scubalab
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and endorsement Victor! Hope all is well with you. Best of luck on your upcoming move. You've got some sweet deals in the FM. I was seriously tempted by your PL-7... Glad it sold!
    -Al
  • scubalab
    Options