Marsh a200s

Options
4neb7h8kvu2r.jpg
e8904bx5blrc.jpg
7xyje4m6bqzt.jpg
72ip5gjybs1i.jpg
9fd3jchq8kq7.jpg
0io9zwbaoobj.jpg

Bought this here on the Forum about 2-3 years ago and fell in love with it. At the time I was using Klipsch CF-1's and I lover the smooth mids and deep, tight bass. It stayed in my rack until a few minutes ago, though it didn't get much use the last 6-8 months. After changing speakers and picking up the McCormack, then moving to tubes with the JWM's this one never got played again. I thought about hanging on to it and using the Klipsch in a secondary rig, but, have decided to throw every available dollar at a bigger, better tube amp for the main rig. I've been chasing too many things for too many rigs to do any of them justice, so, after a year or two I'm finally taking Skips advice and concentrating on one main rig first.

In very good cosmetic shape with the exception of a small scratch on the top and the broken binding post. This has two sets of binding post for bi-wiring though I never wired them this way. Was always curious if it made a difference and wanted to try, but, didn't want to buy two seperate sets of speaker cables.

Price is $500 plus fees, shipping, etc.

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    Great amp! I have mine paired with a Rogue 66 Magnum pre.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    I loved it as well. Had it with the AE pre and then the Joule. Smooth and tons of deep, tight bass.
  • dhart86
    dhart86 Posts: 1,594
    Options
    Hey Karp...I have a Joule Electra VZN 80 Tube amp that I make available later if you are interested in a bigger & better tube amp. If interested, I would send it to Rich at Signature Sound to give it a once over and clean bill of health prior to sale.

I am think of downsizing as I am no longer at my place of employment
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• kharp1
    Options
    I'll have to do some research. What price range we talking? I'm looking at the Mastersound Skip is distributing, I like the 55 watts SET. And I like the idea of going to a dual mono integrated and freeing up the need for a seperate pre. Less cabling as well. That would bring back about a grand for my Joule LA 100 pre.

• dhart86
    edited October 2017
    Options
    gotcha, (just sayin......approx $2100 -comes with (8) additional NOS power tubes for total of 16 tubes')
    Main Rig:
    Antipodes DX > Roon > PS Audio Directstream Jr.>deHavilland Ultraverve 3 >Belles Reference 150a >Harbeth C7 ES3

Second Rig:
    Roon> PS Audio Directstream Jr Bridge II > EE Minimax pre (Tutay mods) >Belles 150A Ref >Monitor 5 (Westmassguy-modded)

• kharp1
    Options
    I apologize, when I posted that the other night from work, on my phone, I thought it was in PM. I would never have openly asked you to comment on price.
  • dhart86
    Options
    no problem Karp ...I thought I was in the pm section also
    Main Rig:

Second Rig:

• kharp1
    Options
    The Marsh is sold.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    The Marsh is sold.

Thank you whomever bought this - now I can stop avoiding this thread...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kharp1
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @daddyjt Let me direct you to the McCormack DNA-125 also in the flea market and tempt you with it's greatness. Get in and feel the supple interior, smell the new car (or used amp ) smell...take it for a spin B)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    kharp1 wrote: »
    @daddyjt Let me direct you to the McCormack DNA-125 also in the flea market and tempt you with it's greatness. Get in and feel the supple interior, smell the new car (or used amp ) smell...take it for a spin B)

If I didn't already have a DNA 225, I would be all over it - trust me :wink:
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• kharp1
    Options