McCormack DNA-125

kcdr3h6udb9u.jpg
h1yx2qr0rlvx.jpg
rhae5klwqpsw.jpg
rmtiyqbk3xu6.jpg
ayhmxyb4lu08.jpg
6dec6njg7ibm.jpg

Purchased here about 7 months ago. Saw moderate use first 2 months until I put the JWM's in the mix in May and they didn't play so well together. The JWM's have a bit of an edge in the mids and I preferred the AE tube amp with them. It's been sitting every since. Of the SS amps I've played with over the last couple of years this one was my favorite. It took me a bit to get use to it as I'd been using the Marsh for a couple of years before this one, and, they're very different. The Marsh is laid back in the mids and somewhat rolled off in the highs. The DNA is more forward and detailed which offered more of everything I'd previously been used to hearing and then some. I almost thought there was something wrong with it. After using it for a couple of weeks I feel in love with it.

I've gone back and forth about selling this amp, and, there's a chance I may regret it somewhere down the road, but, I've decided to commit completely to tubes and am looking to consolidate and invest in an "heirloom" tube amp.

Cosmetically the amp is in great shape, will say a 9/10 due to not being original owner. Performance wise, it's an 11. This one goes to elevin.

Was modded/upgraded with Black Gate caps in the signal path by Bob Backert. There is a label on the back stating Customized at RHB Sound Design.

Price is $945 plus any fees, shipping, etc.

Comments

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Bump for an incredibly awesome amp...can't believe there's no interest for a McCormack.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,969
    A nice amp, wish I had the coin. The reviews I have read say it has tube like sound...yet, you are replacing with a tube amp??
    GLWTS........
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • kharp1
    Tube like isn't tube. I would say the Nelson Pass stuff is probably the most "tube like" SS amps I've heard, however, they're still SS. I like tubes and am looking to move in to one of the Mastersound SET amps Skip is repping.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    This was my amp before I made the mistake of selling it to kharp. Honestly, this is one of the best amps I've ever owned. Due to the upcoming move, I don't have the ca$h to buy it back. It's just bad timing for me or this would be back with me forevermore. Snap it up folks, SS doesn't get much better than this IMHO. GLWTS.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • kharp1
    I think we can mark this one sold...the original owner and I have struck a deal to send it back home.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Thanks Kerry, you are a righteous dude!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10