Lower Back Issues??? Lo Bak Trax

Options
I have been dealing with lower back pain for years and blame it on the drumming, lifting all kinds of gear and misc..objects so I just learned to live with it.
Saw this device on tv (more than once I'll have to admit) and finally decided to order one. I went through Amazon as they have a pretty good no nonsense return policy and it arrived yesterday. I used it 3 times yesterday in 6-20 second intervals and at first it made me sore in the lower back area...by the time bedtime rolled around the soreness along with the usual pain in my loser back was so minimal I knew this thing worked. Had the best night of sleep in a long time, woke up feeling better and so far today I have completed the same routine and my lower back feels like a new part of my body!! Just thought I'd share my results and say it's worth 10 x's what they charge for it and I'm very happy with mine.
031qvzjhb1jv.jpg

"if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Any videos or anything that shows what you do with it? I had to retire at 51 from back pain issues that started in 7th grade football I've just tried to live with (with and wo Vicodin). Now I've got spinal stenosis to add to the pains and subtract two inches from my height in the past two years. Can't afford to attack the stenosis medically unless I go back to work and can't go back to work with the back pain.
  • TNTsTunes
    Options
    That looks like something that might help me even with the 3 lever lumber to pelvis fusion I have. My wife could benefit too.

https://youtu.be/-mzxLlqu6Ss
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thank you for the video link.

I managed a Schwinn bicycle shop in the early 80' and we sold a gravity chair and boots to hang upside down on. There a guy advertising a similar set up on late night TV. What I remembered about the one we sold is it really worked. Hang upside down, totally relax a bit and twisting made a huge difference. I never bought one cuz I could use the one in the showroom for free any time I wanted to. Going to have to try to sell some speakers to get some cash and get one or the other. It would be too cool to get some relief. Thanks for the post. Post again in a couple weeks if you would and let us know if you still dig it.
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You are doing "self induced traction" with that new machine.......good for you!

What we perceive as lower back pain sometimes isn't pain at all, it is actually muscles cramping continually! The more you have the "pain" or soreness/stiffness the less you move which is totally opposite of what you should do!

You have lower back muscular issues, you hear them talk about it as a "weak core". Your muscles have to be stretched so that they can stay in a lax state. If you don't do any stretching, they will naturally tighten up or stay in a state of "cramp". Simple stretching of the lower back and side muscles each morning for a couple minutes can totally change your day. Sore lower back muscles are often due to them being tight or cramped and we think that it is soreness when it is actually an overly tired muscle from always being tight.

The machine you are using is doing that stretching that I mentioned. Some use inversion therapy the same way. You know those Teeter Hangup commercials! Got to keep those muscles stretched out so they can remain loose for you to bend over.

The best stretching that I have found to relieve tight muscles is to lay in bed or on a carpet or mat and pull you legs up into a position like you would for a "crunch", but then move both bent legs as far to the left and right that you can while holding your hips square to the ground. Do it 10-15 times each direction. On the first day, you might not be able to go very far, but each day it gets easier and before you know it, you will be able to almost lay your legs flat on the ground to each side with the extra motion you gain from the stretched lower back muscles. The left leg during a move to the right will stretch the muscles on the left side and vice versa for a move to the left side. Push them down with your arm if needed to gain extra stretch movement, until it comes natural. This stretches those side/back under that layer of fat better than any reaching for your toes move can and it doesn't hurt your big belly or keep you from being able to breath.

These stretches are great for old, fat guys that can't touch their toes at all, due to being rotund and out of shape!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • Jaybeez
    Jaybeez Posts: 748
    Options
    Interesting. When my football-era back muscle stretches stop working I may look at this. My back always feel much better after drumming. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
    2 Channel "Polk" Room:

Marantz PM8004 Integrated
    Marantz SA8004 SACD Player
    Music Hall mmf 7.3 TT with Ortofon Bronze
    WiiM Mini
    Schiit Bifrost with Multibit Upgrade
    Polk 7B with RDO198s
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Jaybeez wrote: »
    Interesting. When my football-era back muscle stretches stop working I may look at this. My back always feel much better after drumming. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

You're probably doing the drumming part right. What I was more referring to is the set ups, tear downs, sometime multiple shows 2-6 days in a row when I was deep into it. Now my babies are set up and rarely do I move them and yes, when I play without having to carry gear, it is a great feeling.
    The little unit I picked up makes drumming even more enjoyable.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!