Options
2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Feeling pretty good still and can't complain about my health, for the most part, but it's daunting to realize how old I am. In my head, I am still about 23, or even 13, at times. I imagine we all feel that way, don't we?
    I've been thinking that for a few years now, and I'm still (barely) in my early 40's. I thought that youth-in-mind thing might dissipate as I got Forty-er, but now I'm starting to get the feeling that that never goes away. Probably why we're you're all creepy old men.
    PS - if any of you guys got cute daughters with daddy issues...
    I disabled signatures.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,430
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I definitely don't feel like a grown-up, much less one who's within spittin' distance of 59 years old...
    and with dyslexia
    I disabled signatures.
  • westmassguy
    Options
    msg wrote: »
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I turned 65 today. Just one more milestone on my way to........well, let's not think about that.

Feeling pretty good still and can't complain about my health, for the most part, but it's daunting to realize how old I am. In my head, I am still about 23, or even 13, at times. I imagine we all feel that way, don't we?
    Hey Jim!
    It's funny - I've been thinking that for a few years now, and I'm still (barely) in my early 40's. I thought that youth-in-mind thing might dissipate as I got Forty-er, but now I'm starting to get the feeling that that never goes away. Probably why we're you're all creepy old men.

b67jz7eq8e0s.png

D**n Scott, you're just a baby.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Happy Birthday! 65 is the new 50!
  • tophatjohnny
    Options
    Belated Happy 65th.
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    Yes happy b-day!

I turn the big 4-0 in the spring, but still have a 3yo to keep me feeling really young and really old at the same time!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Yes happy b-day!

I turn the big 4-0 in the spring, but still have a 3yo to keep me feeling really young and really old at the same time!!!

Turning 40 didn't bother me a bit. Neither did 50. 60 however made me feel really old and it seems like parts of me immediately started hurting more often and the aches lasted longer.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Happy Birthday Jimbo...not far behind you.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Happy belated!
    I turn 55 next week but my body feels a lot older. Didn't take to good care of it when I was younger now I'm paying the price. :'(
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    I get tired faster than I used to doin' chores :(
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I get tired faster than I used to doin' chores :(

Do what most of us do.....don't do them!!
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,015
    Options
    Happy Birthday !! I just went past the big 60. I feel like 21 in my mind too.

Life is like a roll of toilet paper...
    The older we get, the faster it goes.

Author unknown.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,970
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »

Yea...and grey is the new blonde!....if you're lucky enough to have hair left by now.

Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    muncybob wrote: »
    deronb1 wrote: »

Yea...and grey is the new blonde!....if you're lucky enough to have hair left by now.

Mine is about gone at 52.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,029
    Options
    mine has become far less of a fashion statement than it once was -- let's put it that way.

:neutral:
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't care how old I am, just as long as ....

https://youtu.be/2s5DIhK0jzg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a