65 - reached another "milestone"

I turned 65 today. Just one more milestone on my way to........well, let's not think about that.

Feeling pretty good still and can't complain about my health, for the most part, but it's daunting to realize how old I am. In my head, I am still about 23, or even 13, at times. I imagine we all feel that way, don't we?

Comments

• Congrats, I was one of those "I hope I die before I get old" youths. Now here I am.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,478
    edited September 2017
    Happy Birfday Jim billy Bob...

Yes I'm still feeling like I'm 25.......while I'm asleep :p
    Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • Happy Birthday. Not too far behind you.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Happy Birthday!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    edited September 2017
    Happy Birthday, @jimbo18.

I'm one of the guys on the Forum who blew by that milestone a few years back!

It ain't so bad. Well, as my mother used to say, "Getting old, ain't it Hell." :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    ain't it hell, indeed? ;)

w1hmf4e51rpp.png

I was talking to someone last week who's a tad older than I. He mentioned that he had an elderly aunt, back in the 'hood in DC, who says "At my age, I don't buy green bananas any more". :)
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Happy Birthday!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,138
    Happy Birthday. Have a great day.
  • Today, on the morning news, I saw the announcement that LA had won their bid for the 2028 summer Olympics.

For the first time in my life a question popped into my mind, "Will I be hear to see those Olympics."
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• ^^Yep, you really start to feel your mortality.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2017
    Vanilla double post.
    Post edited by motorhead43026 on

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    This thread is a downer.
    I think i need to find a new, trendier hang out spot. You all are making me sad... :(
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    For the first time in my life a question popped into my mind, "Will I be hear to see those Olympics."

Using your spelling as a quick guide, I would say Alzheimer's may already be kicking in... :p;)

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,310
    Hey, didn't mean to be a downer. I am thankful to be as healthy as I am and have the kind of family and friends I have. Money would be nice though...........
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Happy Birthday, Jimbo18 from Jimbo64. :p
  • Happy Birthday Jimbo! 64 and counting here also. Lot of Baby Boomers out there, the Old Folks Homes will be over crowded one of these days.
  • mhardy6647
    mrbiron wrote: »
    This thread is a downer.
    I think i need to find a new, trendier hang out spot. You all are making me sad... :(

But, but -- Vanilla is way trendy! And Polk uses models with tattoos, and young, hip people listening to vinyls! I mean, what else could you want?
  • For the first time in my life a question popped into my mind, "Will I be hear to see those Olympics."

Using your spelling as a quick guide, I would say Alzheimer's may already be kicking in... :p;)

Yeah, and I helped pay for my graduate degrees in English language and literature by working as Assistant to the Editors of a scholarly journal Modern Philology, where my chief responsibility was to ensure there were no typographical errors in any of the published articles, many of which were in non-English languages.

Bummer, Dude! :'(

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,087
    Happy Birthday Jimbo!
  • Happy BDay!

Millstone?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    WTG Jimbo & Happy Birthday!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    mrbiron wrote: »
    This thread is a downer.

But, but -- Vanilla is way trendy! And Polk uses models with tattoos, and young, hip people listening to vinyls! I mean, what else could you want?

don't go starting something
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,140
    Happy Birthday!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Happy Birthday!
  • mhardy6647
    I -- I -- ahem forgot to say... Happy Birthday!
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,308
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    I turned 65 today. Just one more milestone on my way to........well, let's not think about that.

Feeling pretty good still and can't complain about my health, for the most part, but it's daunting to realize how old I am. In my head, I am still about 23, or even 13, at times. I imagine we all feel that way, don't we?
    Hey Jim!
    It's funny - I've been thinking that for a few years now, and I'm still (barely) in my early 40's. I thought that youth-in-mind thing might dissipate as I got Forty-er, but now I'm starting to get the feeling that that never goes away. Probably why we're you're all creepy old men.

b67jz7eq8e0s.png
    I disabled signatures.
  • mhardy6647
    I definitely don't feel like a grown-up, much less one who's within spittin' distance of 59 years old...