Anyone going to CoA F-1 race?

For the 2nd year I had to pass up a three day pass that included Friday and Saturday paddock access and concert. Can't afford a hotel room. A $69 night room at a gravel parking lot, window unit AC motor inn off an FM north of town goes to almost a grand a night that weekend and booked up months ago. It's crazy!! Real hotels cost as much as buying a travel trailer to live in while you're there. Some people are renting furnished apartments for a month to have a place to sleep and shower for the weekend. Six!!!

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    I had thought about going there for the race, but years ago a friend went and said not to bother because you are very limited as to how much of the track you can see from your seat and you're not allowed to wander around to get different views.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Been to a couple in Texas over the years

Unless you're doing the balcony suite stuff, which I had corp invites too, it is very hard to see

Street level, or walking kinda sux
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Both of you are right. It's not very spectator friendly unless you fight your way up the tower. And if you're a mangina like me and scared of heights the tower isn't an option. Laying in bed watching it on TV makes the most sense. I got to go there right after it opened for an amateur motorcycle weekend and it was pretty cool just to see it and how gnarly the start straight and hill really is but I'd rather spend the money if I had any to go to Spa to see that section that G's out then goes back up and turns left when the car goes light at the top. Can't remember what they call it but it sure looks fun. That's one of the tracks mentioned that Aston Martin thinks their hyper car project with Newer is going to be faster than any of the current F1 cars. Something about Spa has always made it one of my favorites. Big balls fast track.
  • F1nut
    That section is called Eau Rouge. Spa is my favorite, definitely a large attachments track.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    I think this shot gives pretty good idea of the elevation change.

kddbp5okgo9j.jpg

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    F1nut wrote: »
    I had thought about going there for the race, but years ago a friend went and said not to bother because you are very limited as to how much of the track you can see from your seat and you're not allowed to wander around to get different views.

That would....stink. In Montreal you can walk around the island. Spa and Monaco are probably the two races I would want to see live more than any other.
  • Monaco would be too cool but way too expensive. And too many hot gold diggers walking around to distract you. Driving the course like the Top Gear guys got to in a hot hatchback segment would be a blast though.......Or sneaking on one of the gazillion dollar fishing boats and meeting Jennifer Aniston or other Hollywood royalty would be kinda cool.
  • Viking64
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, WAY too expensive. I had to settle for playing F1 2001 on my first generation x-Box. I never even came close to Senna's lap time. :p
  • He was the shipment for sure. But there were 12 year old yard apes that could figure that crap out. First time I saw Saga Ralley I had to buy it all on the spot. Took time off work to play and learn it and felt good about it until my son kicked my butt first time I let him play it. I think it's amazing how kids today figure the crap out so easily without trying very hard or realizing what they're doing is pretty special. They're just trying to beat the game and don't think to themselves "Wow I'm a smart mama-jamma!"
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2017
    Supposed to say "shiznet", not shipment. Autocorrect .
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • Viking64
    I had about 20 games and they were all driving games. I bought my console and a steering wheel my last day of work before a 2-week Christmas vacation. The first night, it took me 12 hours to take first place at Hockenheim. B)

Most video games are centered around trying to shoot somebody and that idea doesn't do anything for me, so instead of building the $3000 gaming PC I was thinking about, I decided to upgrade my 2.3TL's instead. A wise decision, methinks.
  • Viking64
    edited September 2017
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Supposed to say "shiznet", not shipment. Autocorrect .

Flippin pee-see dawg squat. HAHAHAHAHA
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on