PSW150 No sound

Options
MikeH_
MikeH_ Posts: 2
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
I know that this is an old subwoofer but it has never done me wrong in the past 6-10 or so years I've used it. Yesterday without warning my subwoofer stopped making sound, but the power light was illuminated. When I used to turn on my sub there would be an audible click then a second later it would start working. However my sub has since stopped making that click when I turn it on. I am having trouble diagnosing my problem and thought you guys might be able to help! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. There are two parts to your subwoofer, the bass amplifier and the woofer itself. From your description it could be either component. In order to test the woofer, remove the grille cover and take out the screws that go around the circumference of the woofer and use a putty knife to loosen it from the cabinet. Then lift the woofer from the enclosure and disconnect the two wires attached to the woofer's terminals. Turn the woofer face down on a piece of carpet or towel and take a positive/negative speaker connection from your receiver and at a very low volume touch them to the two terminals of the woofer. There should be sound from the woofer at a low volume. Avoid the temptation to turn the receiver's volume up if there's no sound.
    If you do hear sound then the problem is with the bass amplifier, call Polk at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 for help. If you are able to buy replacement parts mention that you have joined Club Polk.
    Regards, Ken
  • MikeH_
    Options
    Thanks Ken, you're a life saver! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    My pleasure, glad the information was helpful. Cheers!