Yamaha MX 1 power amp 200w/ch

Options
geppy1
geppy1 Posts: 3,071
edited September 2017 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I have decided to sell my Yamaha MX1 power amp. This was their top of the line from 1993-1997 and not falling out of trees. It puts out 200 w/ch into 8 ohms and 320 into 2 ohms with much higher for dynamic swings. It is built like a tank at 52lbs and has dual power supplies. The amp can run two sets of speakers and has level controls on back for each channel. I have added a nice IEC socket so one can use a high quality detachable power cord. I use VH Audio myself. The unit works perfectly as it should and is clean inside and very nice overall outside it is not perfect as there are a few marks on the top cover and one nick on the front edge and one small one to the right of the power button but overall still very nice. Asking $495 or BO Thanks

e2bcob9ilq8f.jpg
d7mk1f5vadne.jpg
q7swo9oli1sc.jpg

Comments

• maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    question Geppy1,

Did you do the IEC mod yourself? If so do you remember where you found the directions to do it? Thx and GLWTS
  • geppy1
    Options
    It has been sold and yes I did I have probably done it 25 times. It is not that hard.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    geppy1 wrote: »
    It has been sold and yes I did I have probably done it 25 times. It is not that hard.

Lol
  • maingey
    maingey Posts: 628
    Options
    geppy1 wrote: »

I do suppose if I've done something 25 I wouldn't consider it that hard either. Thx!
  • geppy1
    Options
    I guess what I am saying is there is no magic to it.

1 ) Check the inside to see if there is room for the socket protrude into the unit.
    2) Check the back panel around the strain relief for the original cord to make sure the face of the IEC will fit keeping into account the ears.
    3) Use channel locks or pliers to remove the strain relief .
    4) Identify the plus and neutral /ground on your original cord. Then cut the cord near the opening . Spread it slightly and stripe it
    5) Take a dremel and carefully cut out the opening.
    6) Fit the IEC in the hole and drill through the ear holes into the metal for the two screws to hold the socket in place. BE CAREFUL and know what is behind there.
    T) You can either soldier the leads to the IEC terminals OR crimp female ends on the leads and then push them on to the male terminals on the IEC . Not a bad idea to put tape around them but they tend to be pretty tight. If you look at gear that have IECs it is done both ways.
    8) Make sure the cord inside does not touch say a heatsink or anything else hot.