Big boys for sale

https://images.craigslist.org/00R0R_byqmtl6FsBQ_600x450.jpg1php0l2myat4.png

What do you think of the price? Too high?I thought they were going for a lot cheaper, since stock.
Panny 8000 project
Oppo 103D
Fronts- Monitor 70's
Upper fronts- Monitor 30's
Surrounds- Monitor 50's
Backs- Monitor 40's
Center-CS 350
Sub- SVS PB 2000
Onkyo 607[back up]

Comments

• The price cannot be seen in your image link.
  • He is asking 2700
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    Condition appears to be like they just came out of the box, and location is everything. If they are close to you, though on the high side, they might be worth a look, and a bit of haggling.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Condition appears to be like they just came out of the box, and location is everything. If they are close to you, though on the high side, they might be worth a look, and a bit of haggling.

I live up on the Iron Range. I was down in the cities last weekend, but didn't know about them. Sure would be nice to have a set of them.
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • nooshinjohn
    Minnesota?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Minnesota?

Yes sir
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • nooshinjohn
    Offer the guy 2k... they are worth the drive. Hide your excitement well and nitpick them to death when you get there. He won't get anywhere near his asking price and knows it.

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    They are worth what you or someone else will pay. With that said I got $1800 for my SDA SRS's. Took me quite a bit of time but I was going to keep them if I could not get what I wanted.

They were in great shape and my dad purchased them new.

I would at least start a conversation with the guy.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    Iron Range like in Crosby? These have been for sale before I think the guy lives in the cities and has a place in the Crosby area.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • nooshinjohn
    woodhead 2 wrote: »
    Minnesota?

Yes sir
    Born and raised in the cities.

• gudnoyez wrote: »
    Iron Range like in Crosby? These have been for sale before I think the guy lives in the cities and has a place in the Crosby area.

Hibbing area. The add said Cambridge
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    edited September 2017
    If you go to look at them, even if you don't buy them, move them further apart while you are there. My OCD is making my ears twitch. HAHAHAHAHA
    Post edited by Viking64 on
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited September 2017
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Hibbing area. The add said Cambridge

Your from Hibbing small world I grew up in Nisswa I was just in Crosby a week and a half ago mountain biking. This guy has had these for sale for over a year I still believe he has a place in your neck of the woods and in Cambridge this is not the first time they have been for sale he is asking to much.

Then again what are your chances of finding a pair of these in the Hibbing, Brainerd, or Duluth area or anywhere in North Central Minnesota. for the shape they are in offer him $1800 and see what he says belive me he has had these up for sale before.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • If you want to make a weekend trip there is someone with a pair of SDA SRS's with RD0194's in them for $1300.00 down in Milwaukee.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/polk-sda-srs-speakers/6272782069.html

I don't have the $$$ or a room big enough for them. I already have 2.3's but lack a proper room for them.
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Some day I will have a pair of these babies. Right now, just don't have the cash. Don't want to waste his time. People from Minnesota scattered all over the country. Lol
    Panny 8000 project
    Oppo 103D
    Fronts- Monitor 70's
    Surrounds- Monitor 50's
    Backs- Monitor 40's
    Center-CS 350
    Sub- SVS PB 2000
    Onkyo 607[back up]
  • nooshinjohn
    Some day I will have a pair of these babies. Right now, just don't have the cash. Don't want to waste his time. People from Minnesota scattered all over the country. Lol

Give the guy a call at least... the only time wasted is yours if these are that close. The big dogs are rare as can be in Minnesota.

• Guy is smoking butt crack if he thinks he's going to get 2700! I'm a firm believer in not offering 1/2 of a seller's asking price, but in this case......As someone has already suggested, call the guy and be a real person. Then you can see if the guy knows anything or is completely full of crap. If anything it might be comical like one guy I talked to about some 1C studios he was selling. First trying to explain to me how Polk used "pro" woofers and tweets in the studio series so they cost a lot more than regulars for home use. And how the bass got down to under 20db. Lower than any other speakers ever made. He may have actually believed what he was saying, but I sure got a kick out of his ignorance. Worse than a small used car salesman trying to move a Chevett claiming it's the same as a Corvette but different sheet metal to fool insurance companies.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    20Hz
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Viking64
    I bet the owner of those speakers is a member here and is reading all of these posts. HAHAHAHAHA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,474
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I bet the owner of those speakers is a member here and is reading all of these posts. HAHAHAHAHA

Its been known to happen....

• Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Often sellers will advertise gear for sale to which they are emotionally attched to. They often price their items with their hearts and therefore the items remain for sale for long amounts of time, sometimes years...
    I call it "Trolling for Idiots".

Price stuff unreasonably high, see who "bites". Then reel 'em in. They're emotional cripples who have a different spin on the lottery. They figure if they can get anywhere near their asking price, they can bring Grandma over from the Old Country.

I have no use for those folks.

(Unless it's me. But I'm trying to do better.)
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    F1nut wrote: »
    20Hz

Somehow I don't think that was a typo, Jesse lol
  • Schurkey
    Schurkey Posts: 2,100
    Do how close are you to having grandma over for dinner?

Maybe it should have read, do you know how close you are to having Grandma over for dinner?
    Not so much getting Grandma to Old Country Buffet. I wouldn't wish that on anyone's Grandma. Ewwwww.

More like bringing family from Norway. Or Germany. The ancestral home. Where she's waiting for the money for a steamship ticket to get to the New World.

In today's world, Grandma probably lives in Somalia.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    We got ours for around $1,000, and they were in very good shape, not perfect, but not all messed up or anything.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,964
    I am a firm believer that most everyone sells their SDAs for too little.

I have sold one pair of 1.2TL for $3,250 (stock drivers) and the other for $3,250 (upgraded tweeters) - that is stock, unmodded (except aluminum plates and sda cable)

The SRS unmodded is worth $2,500 all day to the right person in great condition.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Someone needs a cookie
  • lawdogg
    lawdogg Posts: 449
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Someone needs a cookie

@F1nut awards cookies from time to time
    <3 my 3.1TLs

I will fix your shifted magnets for free. :)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    VR3 wrote: »
    I am a firm believer that most everyone sells their SDAs for too little.

BINGO!!!

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gimpod
    gimpod Posts: 1,793
    1php0l2myat4.png

What do you think of the price? Too high?I thought they were going for a lot cheaper, since stock.

$2700 maybe depends if they are as @nooshinjohn says "Condition appears to be like they just came out of the box, and If they are close to you" unmolested and you have a way to transport them, they may be worth it. A few things to consider:

1. Let's assume there in perfect shape i.e. no bad tweeters, frozen drivers, wood & cloth have no snags scratch's, nicks, cuts or stains. With the I.C.

2. $2700 may seem high to some but in 1991 the SDA SRS 1.2TL MSRP was around $3400, Today with inflation it's around $6100. Also stock unmolested SDA's in excellent condition are worth more then updated/modded ones.

@DarqueKnight & @Toolfan66 probably have the best sounding & looking SDA SRS 1.2TL's on the planet but I'd bet you they'd be hard pressed to sell them for what they have in them especially if you include there time researching and labor. And at that money I doubt if you could buy a new pair of speakers that could best them.

3. If you can transport them yourself you'll save a ton on having them palliated, wrapped and trucked. At over 180 lbs each UPS or FedEx won't ship them

4. And most importantly how often do they come up for sale near you. A pair just came up on craigslist here for $2000, no pics and all the ad says is "my last pair of these monster tower speakers. these are the largest SDA speakers polk made and the latest version. these are in excellent condition and come with the cable that connects the 2".

One persons "excellent condition" may actually be "just short of being run over by a truck". This is the first pair of 1.2TLS I've seen for sale in my neck of the woods since I started looking for SDA back in 2009! In 2010 I found a pair of 2.3TL's for $850 but they where just to big for my apartment. So I settled on a pair of SDA 1C's and have never looked back.

Now if these 1.2TL's were near me, Had the money, room for them, a way to get them home and they checked out they'd be coming home with me even if I had to pay the $2700 asking price!

I agree with @VR3 "That most everyone sells their SDAs for too little."

JMHO.
    “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~ Mark Twain
  • Viking64
    Other than a little bit of dust on the grilles, my 2.3TL's look brand new and still sound amazing. I am going to upgrade the crossovers and tweeters and keep them until I die. (I'm 52.)