Nice B&K Reference 4420 225 w/ch amp

Options
I am selling my B&K Reference 4420 power amp. It works perfectly and looks great. I have two other amps and one of them is a B&K and I do not need 2. Puts out 225 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 350 into 4 ohms. The unit is built like a tank and weighs 42 lbs. Iit has balanced and unbalanced inputs as well as a trigger system. Asking $450 or BO Thanks

w06ys6by3hje.jpg
r6lzybpnlw5w.jpg
skefil8fxahm.jpg

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Great amp here folks. Matches well with SDA's!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    I have different variants of what is essentially the same amp as this one. Do love the B&K gear. Fat, punchy and authoritative. Warm, and drives everything I've used with it so far - Vintage Polk and LSiM, mostly.

XLR connect bonus.

I find the laid back signature to be a nice match/balance for detailed preamps and processors.
    I disabled signatures.
  • geppy1
    geppy1 Posts: 3,071
    Options
    This sold elsewhere but I compared it directly to the 2140 I have and felt the 2140 was more transparent and more open Ii felt like the top of the stage was chopped off (ie looking more at the floor) with the 4420 compared to the 2140. The 4420 is slightly richer but darker
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,427
    Options
    Interesting. Which speakers and preamp were you running them with?
    I disabled signatures.