Getting a lot of interference on Polk surroundbar

Options
I have a Polk surroundbar 2000, and randomly (even when it is not plugged into any source) it makes sounds. The sound is like static interference.

When the volume is all the way down or muted, the surroundbar doesn't make any noise. But when I use the remote control to change the source to analog L/R audio, the noise appears even when the analog L/R audio cable is not plugged into the surround bar.

This surroundbar has two input sources -- one for analog L/R audio cable and the other for digital optical audio.

However, when I change the source to digital optical audio, the noise disappears even when the optical audio cable is not plugged in.

Can you help me please?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. As a test try moving the bar to another room and see if the same thing happens. It's either environmental or a problem with the bar.
    Regards, Ken
  • reinier55
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. As a test try moving the bar to another room and see if the same thing happens. It's either environmental or a problem with the bar.
    Regards, Ken

Hello,
    Thank you for your answer.

I tried your advice. I proved the surroundbar in all rooms at my place without any other thing plugged at the the same time into the power outlet. But, the noise is still there.

Do you have other advice, please?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're welcome, I'm sorry the problem didn't go away. It's time to get Polk CS's help at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 1 and have the serial number and date of purchase handy when you call.
    They'll take care of you.
    Cheers, Ken