GROUP BUY? Dayton Audio SPA2400DSP 2400W Subwoofer Amplifier with DSP

VR3VR3 Posts: 21,818
edited September 2 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Offers 2 x 1200 watts of power... + dsp/eq/etc etc

Would be $720 + shipping + paypal 3.5% or can send a money order if I can get 3 other people interested

https://parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa2400dsp-2400w-subwoofer-amplifier-with-dsp--300-8005
Vr3Mods.com ///// Version3Audio.com

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,060
    edited September 2
    FWIW (and I realize this is virtually useless in the context of this thread, sorry!) I just bought one of the recently-released "Dayton" branded 250 watt plate amps with DSP for a little subwoofer project that's stuck in the garage until I can get someone husky (e.g., our son-in-law) to help me carry it inside!

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-spa250dsp-250w-subwoofer-plate-amplifier-with-dsp--300-8010

It (also) looks quite flexible.

Sorry for the detour :(

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    edited September 2
    Where's that Dan rascal when you need him? He's all about bass overkill :p

Bat signal for enders
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 14,812
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Where's that Dan rascal when you need him? He's all about bass overkill :p

Bat signal for enders

Sorry man, I'm already covered bass wise with dual Crown XLS2000's.....

I AM debating redoing a box though to go from sealed to ported for my nearfield boxes........ but that doesnt involve a amp change, just a new box for my existing drivers....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)