Newegg.com blows

I warned them, but now I have to spill the beans lol

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2017
    They started blowing 4-5 yrs ago
    They tried to keep up with Amazon's model, but didn't provide enough about the 3rd party seller

The charges would be billed via Newegg, which makes them liable for the products. Tried to contact couple of the 3rd party scams but the ph#'s were magic jack crap, but Newegg wouldn't solve the issue.

I used to do 10k annually with Newegg back in the day, but they would not get their shiite straight and either make sure their 3rd party sellers were legit or guarantee products

My IT guy did 2X-3X what I purchased and he dropped them tears ago too

Was a shame
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Haven't bought from them real lately,but my experience has been as long as one avoids the third parties via Newegg, they're (still?) fine.

I try to do the same with Amazon (as much as possible) as well.

I mean, caveat emptor and all that rot, eh what?

:neutral:
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    edited September 2017
    I have had pretty good dealings with them over the last few years?
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • I've never had a problem, but also never buy from their associates or 3rd party players.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    My beef with them is their lack of customer service skills, they used some fly by night carrier and when the carrier screwed up they acted like it was not their problem that it was between me and the carrier. They should go extinct pretty soon, good riddance.
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    I've never experienced any such issues with Amazon. I did try using Walmart online a few months ago and had a similar bad experience. Was supposed to be a 2 pack item and I ordered two, for a total of four pieces, but only received two pieces total. Walmart went with the "its not us it's them" routine and offered zero assistance. Was only a few bucks each and wasn't worth the trouble. Learned a lesson to not use Walmart. Amazon has never failed to make things right in my experience.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Thanks for sharing...I like being forewarned.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Haven't ordered from newegg since I built my last rig in 2011. Update parts were acquired from Amazon, as they were just as cheap/ cheaper there and the whole shipping/return policy is a piece of cake if you have Prime. Thanks for the heads up. Helping my nephew build his first PC soon, so Amazon wins for the parts order.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"