What is the best glue to reattach a SDA side panel?

Options
One of the side panels on my SDA 2B TL speakers come totally loose (unglued) from the speaker today. What is the best glue for me to buy to reglue the side panel to the speaker?

Thanks.

Peter

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    Locite Power Grab or Liquid Nails.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,168
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Locite Power Grab or Liquid Nails.

Thank you. Is it best to only put the glue around the edges of the side panel and reattach it that way? Or should I also put a litle glue on the wooden side of the speaker to which the side panel will be reattached?

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,792
    Options
    If it were me, I'd just put it on the cabinet and put some in the center as well.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pglbook
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    If it were me, I'd just put it on the cabinet and put some in the center as well.

Got it. Thanks again!

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Mine warped when they came off, and the freaking cloth came off also. I tried re glueing, and placed paving blocks on the the side, but no luck. They popped off again. I believe these were made in Mexico, and they showed it. Oh well. I gave them away last year on a whole house purge Karma. Hope the new owner has more TLC than I did. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    When I rebuilt my 2.3TLs, I put fresh grille cloth on the sides which involved pulling them off. To reattach, I used Loctite Powergrab as @F1nut suggested.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • pglbook
    edited September 2017
    Options
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Mine warped when they came off, and the freaking cloth came off also. I tried re glueing, and placed paving blocks on the the side, but no luck. They popped off again. I believe these were made in Mexico, and they showed it. Oh well. I gave them away last year on a whole house purge Karma. Hope the new owner has more TLC than I did. :)

Sorry to hear that. Was the sound affected at all with the side panels off?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    No. As you have seen it is a very thin piece of something. I did feel that replacing it with a piece of good wood cut to that size would have been a great addition. However, I replaced them with a pair of PSB Synchrony One speakers, and eventually gave the SDAs away.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.