Roger Goodell needs to go

Options
daboyz
daboyz Posts: 5,206
I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop in the Zeke Elliot case. It did. Goodell is a complete moron and needs to go.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lead-nfl-investigator-in-ezekiel-elliott-case-reportedly-recommended-no-suspension/

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    Options
    Been thinking that for several years now... ever since Bountygate...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    While I do agree, keep in mind he’s in a no win situation. With Ray Rice he didn’t act soon enough waiting until that video showed up, and he got blasted for it by almost everyone. I’m sure his thinking here is something along the lines of “not gonna make that mistake again”, pair that with the trouble Zeke has been in and there’s a good probability there’s guilt here and he likely decided not to wait until visual evidence showed up this time.

Zeke has been acting like a **** anyway and some humility is in order, right or wrong there’s a good chance he’ll benefit from this in the long term.

I don’t agree with the process and the fact that all the control lies with him and he has very likely over corrected in cases like this one, but I wouldn’t want his job either.

The whole process needs an overhaul, but the players are just as at fault in agreeing with this approach to begin with since they signed off on it in the last round.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Goodell needs to go ?? Hasn't that been established years ago, for multiple reasons ?

Maybe after the NFL is turned into the most expensive touch football league on the planet. ;)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    Didn't he just sign a 5-year contract extension?
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    As a New England Patriots fan -- I wouldn't disagree ;)

uvs4tqvpmtay.png
  • daboyz
    Options
    Zeke needs to grow up for sure. The problem is that they just blew off their LEAD investigator and went their own way. This isn't about deflating a couple footballs but accusing a man of abusing a woman with no proof at all is horrendous. That stuff would stick with him at least through his playing days if not the rest of his life.
  • daboyz
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    Didn't he just sign a 5-year contract extension?

Nope. Never finalized from what I've read
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ^^I live in Columbus, OH and we have very strict DV laws. Here how it works here, if someone calls the law and reports abuse you are taken into custody on the spot, no exceptions. Once the police show up, there is no "oh, I made a mistake", someone is going to jail. If the person that made the charge, drops the charges the office of the prosecutor takes over. Other words, charges cannot be dropped by the victim. If you are innocent, you must prove to the court. This takes time, and a lot of it.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    ^^I live in Columbus, OH and we have very strict DV laws. Here how it works here, if someone calls the law and reports abuse you are taken into custody on the spot, no exceptions. Once the police show up, there is no "oh, I made a mistake", someone is going to jail. If the person that made the charge, drops the charges the office of the prosecutor takes over. Other words, charges cannot be dropped by the victim. If you are innocent, you must prove to the court. This takes time, and a lot of it.

Here I thought you were innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorhead43026
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ^^my view of the law has always been if you are charged with a crime, you are guilty until proven innocent. Innocent until proven guilty is BS.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    Options
    ^^my view of the law has always been if you are charged with a crime, you are guilty until proven innocent. Innocent until proven guilty is BS.

Dude, it's a damn good thing you are not involved with law.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    Do I think he got it wrong with Zeke, possibly. Do I think Zeke is guilty, probably. After the Ray Rice fiasco and the public outcry do I also understand why he would over-correct and be premature with Zeke, definitely, even if I don't condone it I understand it.

The same thing happened with the investigation into Rice being killed, then a video came out with him knocking that girl out and it was a bad look for the NFL.
  • daboyz
    Options
    It was a 13 month investigation. Nothing premature about it.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options

Well in this case Zeke was never charged.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options

You're right...and 99.9% of the time,it's the guy that's going to be cuffed and stuffed regardless....
  • Msabot1
    Options
    Also..If your name is Mixon..play for the Sooners..sucker punch a gal in a bar causing massive facial injuries..sign a multi million dollar contract with the Bengals..and is allowed to play for them...no questions asked?..Give me a damned break...
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^Anybody can play for the Bengals.

• motorhead43026
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I hope I am wrong, but don't be surprised someday reading that Elliott was shot in a confrontation, or some woman put a cap in him while he was sleeping.

• daboyz
    Options
    Josh Brown anyone? NY Giants kicker. Admittedly beats wife and does it at the Pro Bowl no less. NFL security had to move her away from him. Result: 1 game suspension. That was well after Ray Rice.
  • Msabot1
    Options
    ^^Anybody can play for the Bengals.

Well heck!..Don't ya know that it's Lewis's and Brown's credo that everyone deserves a second..third..fourth..fifth....chance?...LMFAO!..
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    Options
    To be clear, my issue is less about the handling of Zeke specifically and more on the inconsistency from player to player. The biggest issue is the comish has final say over it all, but I got no sympathy for the players because this is what they agreed to;
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    After the appeal hearing completed the NFL Players Associated filed a petition in federal court on behalf of Elliott, asking for the running back’s possible six-game suspension to be disallowed.

The petition argues “fundamental unfairness” in the arbitration process, including withholding of critical information “which would completely exonerate Elliott.

So I guess there's more to this than we know, It sounds like Rodgers has his own agenda!
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    Roger Goodell needs to go! What did he do, is he a communist?
  • warren
    warren Posts: 756
    Options
    daboyz wrote: »
    I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop in the Zeke Elliot case. It did. Goodell is a complete moron and needs to go.
    His opinion what's yours?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lead-nfl-investigator-in-ezekiel-elliott-case-reportedly-recommended-no-suspension/

Some final words,
    "If you keep banging your head against the wall,
    you're going to have headaches."
    Warren
  • motorstereo
    Options
    Naahhh; The damn fool needs to stick around just long enough to pretend to congratulate and present one more trophy to Brady lol.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,046
    Options
    Naahhh; The damn fool needs to stick around just long enough to pretend to congratulate and present one more trophy to Brady lol.

oh, yeah :)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    Goodell is minor. The only thing that needs to go are restricter plates in NASCAR. The fastest car should win. Enough of this namby pamby BS. Set the drivers free to race. I can't believe NASCAR fans are such wusses they let this nonsense rule stand.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • recoveryone
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Here I thought you were innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent.
    What is missing from motorhead statement on the law is "If there are signs of physical abuse, Then the victim is not needed to proceed with the arrest/case" I have arrested both parties in the past as both showed signs of physical abuse and there are differences in defensive wounds.

Believe me when everybody going to jail the real story comes out, the kids get sent off with CPS.

Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX