Anthem's new Integrated amp is a beast

Options
Happened to see Anthem's new integrated amp on their site and it is a beast.

https://anthemav.com/products-current/model=str-integrated-amplifier/page=overview

I was originally looking for an integrated amp that had bass management and I like the Parasound Halo Int, but also wanted room correction.

Anthem's ARC gets great reviews but their integrated's price of $4,500 is out of my league by a factor of 3.

I don't want a HT receiver even though most have room correction, but I'm considering Anthem's MRX 520 b/c it seems less flash and more substance in regards to quality over bling.

Anybody have any experience with Anthems 510, 710, 520, 720 models and could give some feedback.

Thanks
HT: Marantz NR-1603, Oppo 981, Def Tech SM55, SVS PB-1000
BR: iPad Mini, Audio Engine A5+
2C: Parasound ZDAC V.2, Sony DA80ES, Sony XDR-F1HD, SVS Prime Tower, JSE .6 Infinite Slope
Office: MBAir, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, JBL LSR-308
Projects: Polk RTA12, Polk Monitor 7, Revox B225CD, BIC 3-TM

Comments

• motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I am a big Anthem fan. Would love to own that new integrated, its a beauty. Just to cheap to drop that kind of money.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,531
    Options
    DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN......

I peed a little when I saw it, then started raiding my couch for change....

I WANT THIS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Dont forget the MRX-X00 series (300, 500, 700). Other than needing a new mic if using Windows 10, they have very similar features.....

I love my MRX-500 with ARC. Really helps my Ushers and Outlaw Audio LFM-1 sub blend.....

You literally dont know the sub is there and its JUST the "right" amount of sub
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    Dang son...that integrated is drool worthy! This could be a quitting smoking prize now...hrm... :)

However after unboxing it, you may just need a smoke to calm your nerves lol...
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Dang son...that integrated is drool worthy! This could be a quitting smoking prize now...hrm... :)

Naw man...I'm over 6 months smoke free now...loving it too!

Cool. One habit I never picked up.... But if I gave up Diet MD, I could likely afford it in a couple months lol.....
  • motorhead43026
    Options

Do it, you deserve it!

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options

Naw man...I'm over 6 months smoke free now...loving it too!

Cool. One habit I never picked up.... But if I gave up Diet MD, I could likely afford it in a couple months lol.....

Now that's disgusting!!!
    I like how you kid yourself with the word "Diet" :D

I've enjoyed all of the Anthem equipment that has passed through here.
    TLP-1, MRX-300 & MCA20
    A little on the steep side, i bet performs though, I would question the onboard USB DAC.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Looks sweet, and has power up the wazoo. Anyone get an ear on this puppy yet ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

Now that's disgusting!!!
    I like how you kid yourself with the word "Diet" :D

LOL... dude, Diet or Regular MD and Doritos/Candy are like the STANDARD food for most of the Geeks/Nerds/Gamers I know.....

• mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    I usually just drink beer, but since i haven't turned a game on in 3 months, i've been sober for the most part. Sad really... :/

There aren't even any Anthem STR's on the used market yet. Maybe, when one does show up, the Dew/cigarette money will be ready for the purchase.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,372
    Options
    Would be even better if Anthem went back to putting tubes in their integrateds.

I don't really see this one as an integrated mainly aimed at the two channel purist because of the digital processing involved, but it is a good looking all in one box.