RTi A9 + amplifier Rotel RB-1590

Hello guys,

I'm ordered preamp Rotel RC-1590 + amp Rotel RB-1590, how should I connect RTi A9 to an amplifier? RB-1590 has 2x2 RCA for speakers, so looks like I can connect them as bi-amping, is it right? Or I just should set them as bi-wiring?

Also, manual of RTi A9`s says that those speakers requires an amplifier with power 50-300 watt, Rotel RB-1590 comes with 350 watt per channel, is it ok?

Thanks.

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Set them as bi-wiring.....and those numbers on the back of speakers for recommended power are just a guideline. You can never have too much power/current. The A9's will soak up as much as you can throw at 'em. So no, you won't hurt anything by having an amp rated for more power.

That also doesn't mean you can go crazy with the volume dial either.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Akedon
    Akedon Posts: 24
    tonyb wrote: »
    Set them as bi-wiring.....and those numbers on the back of speakers for recommended power are just a guideline. You can never have too much power/current. The A9's will soak up as much as you can throw at 'em. So no, you won't hurt anything by having an amp rated for more power.

That also doesn't mean you can go crazy with the volume dial either.

I understand about volume, since this Rotel preamp can make really big volume, I will play it safe ofcourse.

But will be here any advantages if I will set those speakers as bi-amp? Or without 2nd amplifier it won't work as intended?

Thank you for a reply thought.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Thd Rotel is a 2 channel amplifier, not 2 amplifiers. You cannot bi- amp.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Akedon
    F1nut wrote: »
    Thd Rotel is a 2 channel amplifier, not 2 amplifiers. You cannot bi- amp.
    That was just my missunderstanding how bi-wiring and bi-amping works, so I will just bi-wire them.
    Thanks.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    Just use a single run of high quality speaker cable, not that typical zip cord garbage and replace the stock jumpers with short runs of the same speaker cable. Most of the better cable manufacturers sell matching jumpers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Akedon
    F1nut wrote: »
    Just use a single run of high quality speaker cable, not that typical zip cord garbage and replace the stock jumpers with short runs of the same speaker cable. Most of the better cable manufacturers sell matching jumpers.
    Nice info, thanks, I will try it!